These next gen features are ridiculous! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Default These next gen features are ridiculous!

As a movie lover I love special features i.e. Pre-production, Filming, and Post Production featurettes. (I love the movie making process!)

With that said features like the In Movie Experience (Standard Def pic in High Def pic is so ridiculous), BD Java games (What a waste of time and space, will never play these idiotic games), Favorite Scene List (I have better things to do with my time), and these stupid web enabled downloadable ringtones, etc. are totally over rated features.

Just give me next gen audio, and Full 1080p video on ALL content! Is that so hard to ask!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan92 View Post
As a movie lover I love special features i.e. Pre-production, Filming, and Post Production featurettes. (I love the movie making process!)

With that said features like the In Movie Experience (Standard Def pic in High Def pic is so ridiculous), BD Java games (What a waste of time and space, will never play these idiotic games), Favorite Scene List (I have better things to do with my time), and these stupid web enabled downloadable ringtones, etc. are totally over rated features.

Just give me next gen audio, and Full 1080p video on ALL content! Is that so hard to ask!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Here Here!!!!! Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

May I also add to your list of gripes?? I also hate it when they have 10 of little featurettes that are about 5 minutes long rather than 1, 50 minute documentary, especially if they don't even have a 'play all' option.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:

What I would like to see is this on every title (but it will never happen)

Everything in HD (obviously)

One if not two PiP commentarys with the option of vocal commentary if you dont want the PiP.

A minimum of a 30 minute doc covering Pre - Production - Post (longer obviously for A category titles) Absolutely no fluff E-Channel EPK's

Deleted/Alternative Scenes and Bloopers (where appropriate)

Seperate Interviews with the main players (on big titles) who are banned from heaping praise on their colleagues just telling us why they were attracted to the role, research done etc. Five/ten mins per person.

I think that really covers it, games, ringtones etc are a waste of space.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renleg View Post
I also hate it when they have 10 of little featurettes that are about 5 minutes long rather than 1, 50 minute documentary, especially if they don't even have a 'play all' option.

I hate those cheap promos, where everyone gushes about how amazing the film is going to be. They give no insight at all into the film-making process, they are worthless.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

I love ime. the more things related to the movie, the better.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 AM

I am loving every single thing about U control on "Heroes".
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
I love ime. the more things related to the movie, the better.
My only gripe is that they need more video commentaries. IME features are interesting additions to the film, and the majority of them take up so little space. What they do need to work on is usability of them. I don't like that you can't turn Warner's IME on/off at any time, and I don't like that you have to keep activating most Universal PiP windows for each feature. They could also include more information in them, but I think we'll get that in future releases.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM

Unless PIP is all in High Definition I can't get excited about it. It didn't make a difference when HDTV's came out then it won't make a difference now for HDM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Personally I have no problem with as many extras as they want to give me so long as they dont take away from the PQ/AQ of the movie itself. I would prefer them to be in high def though. Thats kind of the point of the format I thought.

However, the one I have though was oddest so far (and this is going just from the description since as i'm on the blu said only of the war I never got a chance to try it out) is the ability to create your own chapter lists and save them to be downloaded by others from '300'. I'm not sure why the hell I would want to know what order some spotty teen wants to watch '300' in? In my experience films have a beggining, a middle and an end, and I have yet to find a film where putting those three in any other order made the film better.

(although I tend to find in Alien 3 if you start the film and then jump straight to the end credits its much more enjoyable and saves you 2 hours of your life )