HD DVD - Kicking Butt This Week!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Default HD DVD - Kicking Butt This Week!!

Right this minute, at Amazon, out of the top 100 DVDs (standard def, HD DVD and Blu-ray), there are FOUR HD DVDs in the top 100 and ZERO Blu-rays in the top 100!!!!

I checked Amazon after seeing the DVD Empire topic!

This is fallout from A) Transformers being available for pre-order and, B) Paramount & Dreamwork's bombshell! PEOPLE ARE BUYING HD DVD PLAYERS FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE! I watched THREE OF THEM sell at Costco yesterday while I was in the electronics dept for all of 5 minutes. Nobody wanted that Blu-ray player for TWICE the price.

Mark
Old 09-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Yes, it's not only the Transformers effect, but clearly new HD DVD players are selling an 300, Planet Earth, Heroes and Transformers are being bought with them.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
wysiwigHD

And HD DVD is outselling Bluray on dvdempire.com 66:33 this week (Sept. 11th)

Well, the week is still early, but it's interesting to see the tide change once in a while.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwigHD View Post
And HD DVD is outselling Bluray on dvdempire.com 66:33 this week (Sept. 11th)

Well, the week is still early, but it's interesting to see the tide change once in a while.
Maybe you guys didn't notice, but the week of sept 11th doesn't start till tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
wysiwigHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly79 View Post
Maybe you guys didn't notice, but the week of sept 11th doesn't start till tomorrow.
Depends when their "week start" is. It could start today but name it week of Sept 11th.

But anyways, it doesn't represent all anyways since not everyone buys from them.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwigHD View Post
Depends when their "week start" is. It could start today but name it week of Sept 11th.

But anyways, it doesn't represent all anyways since not everyone buys from them.
They are using Tuesdays as the first day of the week because new titles are released on Tuesday. My guess is that it is some pre-orders that they have been shipped that are in the numbers. HD-DVD is usually strong in the begining of the week and very weak at the end. The DVDEmpire for the latest final week were 66:33 to Blu-ray yesterday and are now 69:31.

We all know how reliable the Amazon rankings are...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 PM

Didn't take long for 'blu-spin' to kick in.

I'm serious, I ENJOY you guys' antics.

Keep it up!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
Didn't take long for 'blu-spin' to kick in.

I'm serious, I ENJOY you guys' antics.

Keep it up!
It's no spinning. It's fact. The data is for the week of September 11. What date is it on your computer right now? How many sales do you think have been placed so far?

If you follow the DVDEmpire numbers each week you will se that they update the numbers up to 3-4 times per week and that HD-DVD has better numbers in the beginning of the week than later. I posted about DVDEmpire just the other day and the numbers then was 66:33 for the week. I did say that the number was not final. They are final now and are 69:31. As usual Blu-ray got better later in the week. This is facts not spins.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlins View Post
It's no spinning. It's fact. The data is for the week of September 11. What date is it on your computer right now? How many sales do you think have been placed so far?

If you follow the DVDEmpire numbers each week you will se that they update the numbers up to 3-4 times per week and that HD-DVD has better numbers in the beginning of the week than later. I posted about DVDEmpire just the other day and the numbers then was 66:33 for the week. I did say that the number was not final. They are final now and are 69:31. As usual Blu-ray got better later in the week. This is facts not spins.
Translation: "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!"
Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
Right this minute, at Amazon, out of the top 100 DVDs (standard def, HD DVD and Blu-ray), there are FOUR HD DVDs in the top 100 and ZERO Blu-rays in the top 100!!!!

I checked Amazon after seeing the DVD Empire topic!

This is fallout from A) Transformers being available for pre-order and, B) Paramount & Dreamwork's bombshell! PEOPLE ARE BUYING HD DVD PLAYERS FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE! I watched THREE OF THEM sell at Costco yesterday while I was in the electronics dept for all of 5 minutes. Nobody wanted that Blu-ray player for TWICE the price.

Mark
YAWN...the only thing that matters is actual title sales, and HD-DVD has not won a SINGLE WEEK in 2007 - even last week when it had FIVE new releases to ZERO blu-ray releases.