Blu-Ray.com -> Fanboy site, or honest discussion? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Angry Blu-Ray.com -> Fanboy site, or honest discussion?

I tried joining Blu-ray.com and unlike here where people can debate pros and cons, it seems they want some fanboy site that does nothing but make themselves feel better about BD. So of course I got banned because I corrected someone saying something wrong about HD DVD statistics or stats that were incorrect. Anyones thoughts on this. I welcome opinions of BD owners, as it helps reach a better understanding of a product, but if you can't take criticism, then aren't you just making something to pat yourself on the back? What the heck is the purpose of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBock
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialog_gvf
This site is not a place for HD DVD supporters to debate Blu-ray supporters.

Are you here for Blu-ray, or to argue against it?

Gary
I'm here to suport High Def. (not HD DVD and not Blu-ray). I will support BD when they do things right and I will support HD when they do things right. If you want a website designed PROMOTING bluray rather than talk about its adv vs disadv, then rename your website to "I LOVE BLURAY . COM", but currently its called Bluray.com. Once Blu-ray drops in price and the 1.1 goes standard I will be purchasing Blu-ray as all I care about is High Def. I'm here to discuss High Definition Video. If you want me to be a Blu-ray fan boy (or an HD DVD fanboy for that matter) you've got another thing coming.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM

What did you expect? What do you think HD-DVD.com forums would look like, if such a thing existed?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 PM

Come on its the ULTIMATE blu ranboi site.

Last week Acer joining the blu camp was another nail in the coffin of HD DVD. Today Acer came out and said they are nutral. Anything on Blu-Ray.com about that? Exactly!

They only ever give the blu side of any story
Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 PM

I signed up and made a post saying the following:

"Okay, I know Blu-Ray has better scratch protection and 50GB, which is completely awesome!!! But what else is better about Blu-Ray, there's got to be a useful advantage, right? I'm a huge fan of Blu-Ray and I'm trying to convince my friend to buy a player but he doesn't think the advantages are worth the cost."

And... it was deleted later that night

It's a shame too, because the purpose of the post was for me to get an idea if the people on those forums actually know what they're talking about. I'm convinced it's just another part of the marketing machine though, so that anybody who finds their way onto the forums only continue to see BD's stronger points.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
What did you expect? What do you think HD-DVD.com forums would look like, if such a thing existed?
Well I know I for one would welcome honest opinions with backed up data. If I said BD could only hold 2G of data I'd hope someone would correct me! Jeeebs.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 PM

bluray.com is not tolerant of trolls or non-supporters of blu-ray.

It is ok to dissent. But it depends on your tone.

Something like 'BDA needs to get off its ass and get profile 1.1 players out ASAP' or 'so what is the deal with BD50 yields?' is totally ok.

Something like 'BD sucks. They can't even get their spec complete. I don't want to buy a brick' or 'HD's yield numbers totally own BD's' is not ok.

The site is not there to debate HD vs. BD or for a neutral to go in and have them convince you to adopt BD.

So if you go in there with a "ok wise guys, convince me to adopt BD" type attitude. Chances are, you won't last there.

I don't really have a problem with that since they are not pretending to anything they're not. They are not neutral nor do they claim to be.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM

That web site is only for Blu Rayers. What can you expect?
Like I said before, this is like the refugee camp where they can hide and feel secure.
A lot of people that has been banned from all places go there. People that would rather go back to DVD before going neutral or at least consider HD DVD as an option.
I do not have an account in that forum, of course, but every once in a while I like to have fun and read the absurd things that people are posting sometimes. Obviously, nobody will ever correct them.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM

Default well, I decided to check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
found HDDVD.com, very pro-HD DVD. Also has forums.

As you can see, they accept dissent..
http://www.hddvd.com/go.php/transfor...ts-october-16/

They don't accept trolls, but there are posts in the forums that discuss the positive side of BD.

The reality is, HD is more mature, BD, like its fans, is a teenager. Not quite sure of himself, nor his future.

Like a teen they either gain the confidence and move forward or they simply become petty emos.

That site is run by the emos, don't make them cry. They'll kill themselves and post it on youtube...so we can all giggle.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Fanboy site, as you'd expect given the name. Don't blame it for being that way, there's nothing wrong with having a fanboy site, but the fact that the BD insiders will only take questions there is sort of disappointing given that there was (among the trolling and other crap that could have been handled better) some good discussion on more balanced sites prior to their departure.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouchPotato View Post
Something like 'BDA needs to get off its ass and get profile 1.1 players out ASAP' or 'so what is the deal with BD50 yields?' is totally ok.
But I was similiar to this and nowhere near as harsh!