How'd they do that? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-04-2007, 04:43 PM

Default How'd they do that?

Maybe this isn't smack down material, maybe it is. But because more people read this forum than others I'll post here. Also, it is seriously cool and not available on BD so it could potentially start a fight. Start a fight you say? That is smack down!

Anywhoo.
If you haven't seen the video you must watch the Star Trek HDD release, and some of the cool stuff they've done with HDi. But one thing stands out, the shuttle fly around game, where you can fly a shuttlecraft around the main ship and do stuff (launch a probe!)

Simply wow.

It was done without Java (or another 4GL), it was done in script.

Double wow.

How they do that?

Does HDi support the Ajax framework?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.D.inToronto View Post
Maybe this isn't smack down material, maybe it is. But because more people read this forum than others I'll post here. Also, it is seriously cool and not available on BD so it could potentially start a fight. Start a fight you say? That is smack down!

Anywhoo.
If you haven't seen the video you must watch the Star Trek HDD release, and some of the cool stuff they've done with HDi. But one thing stands out, the shuttle fly around game, where you can fly a shuttlecraft around the main ship and do stuff (launch a probe!)

Simply wow.

It was done without Java (or another 4GL), it was done in script.

Double wow.

How they do that?

Does HDi support the Ajax framework?
This series alone may be one of the main reasons that Parmount went HD DVD. Maybe BDJ could not handle all the special features--The series was never even anounced on Blu-ray and it looks like it never will.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Awesome. Where can I find the video? Give me a link cause I love some Star Trek.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
Awesome. Where can I find the video? Give me a link cause I love some Star Trek.
Try going to www.startrek.com
Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Default linky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...e_Features/924
Old 09-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Amir said on the avs forums that HD-DVD features can be easily implemented with HDi, but if the studio needs something more flexible, JScript can provide more full programming functionality.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:28 PM

Little by little people are going to get more impressed with these special features. Whoever that consider that the new special features and interactivity is not a big part of the High Definition game is seriously wrong.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:36 PM

Some of the Disney BD titles have games authored in Java as well. The upcoming BD movie "POTC: At World's End" will have"
The disc will also be BD-Java-enhanced, and is set to boast two exclusive interactive features, "Jolly Roger Host" and "Enter the Maelstrom," which allows viewers to cruise around the climactic battle scene interactively.

Personally, I am not really into the games that are included, but I recognize the fact that some people will be.

The Star Wars video looks slick. Aside from the price, I would think that this movie will be a must have for the true Star Trek die hards.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM

This stuff looks really cool... But it's $200 ($138 on Amazon) for a set of special features, right? If only 11,000 units of the Matrix Trilogy moved at half the price, I wonder what sales projections are for this set?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonDarwin View Post
This stuff looks really cool... But it's $200 ($138 on Amazon) for a set of special features, right? If only 11,000 units of the Matrix Trilogy moved at half the price, I wonder what sales projections are for this set?
I don't think you understand just how devoted Star Trek fans can be. I'm sure you are aware that some of these people spend thousands of dollars each year flying out to conventions and all but devote their lives to the fandom. $200 will be an easy sell to these people.