hd dvd movies or bd movies, what you think - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-04-2007, 04:22 PM

Default hd dvd movies or bd movies, what you think

lets have some fun here . i think that hd dvd movies that have been released are more for a mature audience and bd movies are targeted for more of an
adolescent croud . once again just my opinion . what do the rest of you feel? once again this is in no intent to hurt no ones feelings because some people here take this shit too serious.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:25 PM

I think HD DVDs film lineup suits my tastes better atm. But there is still plenty of great stuff I want on Blu Ray.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRox View Post
I think HD DVDs film lineup suits my tastes better atm. But there is still plenty of great stuff I want on Blu Ray.
i tend to agree with you there as a matter of fact that is what made my decision to go hd dvd . as long as universal paramount and warnerbros stay hd dvd there would be no reason for me to go bd. unless there was an offer to good to refuse.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM

It was more than bang for buck and wanting something HD to hook up to my HDTV that wasn't videogames. I already had a 360, and was offered a 360 AO with 9 films for 180.

Had everything been as it is now, but I had access to a Blu Ray player with 9 films for 180, I'd have currently been Blu.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM

then again dances with wolves would be cool to watch on bd . like i said . bd needs to offer me a good deal to go neutral.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:37 PM

I think that, originally, this was more or less the case. However lately the BD market has got a lot more diverse with studios like Tartan and Starz stepping up to the plate. Sony has also put out a lot more mature movies such as Curse of The Golden Dragon, Black Book, Volver, Secret Lives of Others, etc. It's just that the Pirates/Die Hards et al tend to get shouted about a lot more.

Hopefully we'll start to see a lot more diverse releases from both sides, I suppose they just have to grow the market first, and the blockbusters tend to do that.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:37 PM

I prefer the stuff on HD but if I had a multi player I would have about 15 BR. As opposed to my current 80 on HD.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:50 PM

I think Blu-ray has a much better catalog thus far with a good mix of everything. HD DVD has better/more comedy movies though, but other than that I think Blu-ray takes it.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCali View Post
I think Blu-ray has a much better catalog thus far with a good mix of everything. HD DVD has better/more comedy movies though, but other than that I think Blu-ray takes it.
this isnt about who takes it, but i have always thought by disney being part of blu ray, a lot more childish movies have come out, and alot of utter crap, hd dvd has had its share, but imo hd dvd is the format of "Quality"
Old 09-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned

The only BD titles Im currently unhappy about not being able to own are OldBoy and the Weeds discs.

However, I already own all of those titles on S-DVD so it would be unlikely that I would re-purchase on either HD DVD or BD (presuming I eventually get a BD player).

But, the format that has Children of Men, the 40 year old Virgin and Knocked Up is my choice.

It is unfortunate, though. Because the Matrix, Transformers and POTC get talked about the most when they are generally inferior to all the movies we listed in this thread as great titles that swayed us to one or both of the formats.

IMO, of course.