Why Blu Ray should have never existed... - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
sharktooth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 681
Default Why Blu Ray should have never existed...

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/rob/?p=145
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Yeah, it's been posted before.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:27 PM
thylacine's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 85
Default

Jeez doesn't he get flamed in the comments!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
stevo4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thylacine View Post
Jeez doesn't he get flamed in the comments!!
And most of that flaming is subjective fanboy drivel that fails to put up any counter argument to what he is saying.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Aurora's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo4 View Post
And most of that flaming is subjective fanboy drivel that fails to put up any counter argument to what he is saying.
It's hard to argue with his opinions because he provides no actual evidence for them. It's hard to pick apart a paper-thin argument.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 PM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
if you really step back, youíll realize all it is doing is ensuring HD-DVD doesnít win either, and the impact of that on the movie industry has to be in the billions.
That exact same thing can be said about HD DVD, only HD DVD is and has been for a long time less likely to win than Blu-ray is.

Quote:
Iíve seen this over and over again, and am surprised more of us donít point this out. If a product requires substantial support from the parent to keep it alive, including funding levels that probably canít be reasonably recouped, it has a very high likelihood of failing.
HD DVD is very heavily subsidised to be kept semi-competitive. Without this substantial support from its parent company, it would very likely already be dead. They are almost giving the players away with offers of HD DVD add-ons for $179 with 8 free movies.

Quote:
For special features on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movies, folks simply didnít care. They just wanted to watch the movie. So arguing who had the best features quickly became a waste of time.
Amen to that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 PM
WallyWest's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It's hard to argue with his opinions because he provides no actual evidence for them. It's hard to pick apart a paper-thin argument.
Thats why its the best kind of argument!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It's hard to argue with his opinions because he provides no actual evidence for them. It's hard to pick apart a paper-thin argument.
I disagree, I think this a excellent article and very insightful. Well done!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,774
Default

Rob Enderle is a mentally retarded tool. This is the same guy who has been predicting the death of the Mac for 10+ years.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
rmslives's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post
Rob Enderle is a mentally retarded tool. This is the same guy who has been predicting the death of the Mac for 10+ years.
Come on man - stop holding back! Tell us how you feel!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I really wish now that HD DVD had never existed CaptainCanuck High Definition Smackdown 151 07-02-2008 09:43 AM
Tom speaks out - Cliffs: HD DVD should have never existed SweetBrownsugar High Definition Smackdown 13 01-09-2008 06:52 PM
Why Rob Enderle should never have existed - lesson learned. HD Guru High Definition Smackdown 76 12-04-2007 09:16 AM
Why Blu-Ray Should Never Have Existed: Technology Lesson Learned ChayesFSS High Definition Smackdown 79 12-04-2007 08:05 AM
This war should bever have existed lumisi High Definition Smackdown 56 11-14-2007 08:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off