POTC Framed Wrong? Any news on replacements? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-02-2007, 10:02 PM

Default POTC Framed Wrong? Any news on replacements?

I didn't see a thread on this on this forum even thought it's been discussed over at www.blu-ray.com & www.avsforums.com

In the link I'm giving for the thread over at www.blu-ray.com they're urging people to call Disney customer service to get Disney to give replacements. The number for Disney customer service is in the link. I think if enought people call in they will correct it like Universal did years ago with misframed Back to the Future disc.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=15166

The reason I posted it in this forum there are alot of people that read this forum but not the Blu-ray forum & haven't been made aware of it.

I guess it's smakedown material if some people think it's misframed & others don't. In my case I like alot of other do believe it's misframed in certain sections after doing comparisons.

Mods I suggest leaving it in this forum so people that have bought it will be made aware of the problem. Alot of people don't read the other forums & aren't aware of the problem.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 PM

These links show the issues that ppl are talking about -

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/08/31...raming-issues/

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=898666

Not good to have issues like this cropping up, when you are trying to gain market acceptance/support.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Frankly, it's not a big deal. The scenes are so short (milliseconds), I didn't notice it until it was brought up.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:43 PM

I wish it had never been brought up, until i saw it i could have cared less, but now that i know it will annoy me forever.

really though not a commentary on Blu-Ray, its just shitty work from the studio
Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Are they saying the framing problems only exist in one scene? It seems like if it's wrong it would be wrong throughout the entire movie. Anybody know what they are saying?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Are they saying the framing problems only exist in one scene? It seems like if it's wrong it would be wrong throughout the entire movie. Anybody know what they are saying?
I think there is just one scene where somebody's head is chopped off for about 8 total seconds. I honestly don't know if there was anything else wrong but that was the scene I think this is referring to.

I really do think Disney should fix it and offer replacement discs to people who really want them, but this is definitely a minor issue IMHO. I don't think I will even ask for a replacement if it is only affecting that one scene.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 PM

It appears to be 8 minutes of the movie that is mis-aligned, but the majority of that time it isn't cutting anything important off. Thats what I get from the AVS thread on the subject
Old 09-02-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I wish it had never been brought up, until i saw it i could have cared less, but now that i know it will annoy me forever.

really though not a commentary on Blu-Ray, its just shitty work from the studio

Same thing with me. I haven't opened mine yet but knowing it's there I think Disney should replace the discs with corrected ones.

I think if enough of us call into their customer service they will forced to give corrected ones.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM

I think Disney should replace these discs, just like Universal replaced Children of Men discs, and Sony replacing The Fifth Element discs. With the kind of money we're putting down for these discs, we should expect them to be of the best quality.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
I think Disney should replace these discs, just like Universal replaced Children of Men discs, and Sony replacing The Fifth Element discs. With the kind of money we're putting down for these discs, we should expect them to be of the best quality.
I urge you guys to call into their customer service. If there is enough of us complaining I would think they would replace the disc but there would have to be enough of us asking for replacement discs.