I'm done with hi-def movies. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Default I'm done with hi-def movies.

I first purchased the HD DVD add on for my 360 back in Febuary and then got BD a fe wmonths later when to me it seemed far more likely that BD was the clear choice. A couple months back I started selling my HD DVDs on this site and sold the player as well as I felt very confident with BD sales figures and studio backign that it WAS going to be the future. But with the recent flip-flop of Paramount/DreamWorks things are so uncertain. Both sides look like they have a good chance at failing. To me the only clear choice in standard dvd right now. Everything else is a BIG ???.

I just wanna watch my favorite movies and I refuse to have two player to due so, so SDVD is going to be my choice until the dust settles from this war and I'll see if either of them are still standing or they are both lying there dead.

I have thought hard about this over the last couple days and even went and watched some SDVDs to see if I could go back. The answer is yes, and I find it a very easy yes to say. Standard DVD still looks very good. I feel that to truly see a large difference between hi-def and SDVD you need a fairly large set. I have a 34 and a 51 in the house and on the 51 it's fairly apparent that hi-def is superior to DVD, but on the 34 it becomes a lot harder to tell the difference. You can still see a difference but it is small. Considering how long the format war is likely to go still I am finished with it.

To me the negatives of the format war are far outweighing the positives and I have decided to put up most of my BDs for sale on this forum under the trading section.

I will still visit the site and shoot the shit with you guys as I still like this stuff, but as far as actually arguing over whats better or going and buying more hi-def movies I am done. I wish all of you backers of both HD DVD and BD happy movie viewing and I only hope one side wins out and the other just disappears forever.

Cheers.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 PM

Both sides are dirty bastards, that is fact. I am sorry you quit with HD DVD and Blu-Ray.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Your choices and opinions are yours. Unfortunately, my opinion is that you're really, really going to miss highdef as time goes on.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:27 PM

Cya later, and can I have your blu ray movies?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 PM

I agree, both are so dirty I cannot root for either right now. I just one to win. If I ever get back into it it won't be for several more years when it become ALOT more mainstream if there is a winner.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:29 PM

Another Blu boy crying hahahahaha get over it.

Im sick of all yall Blu boys. I had to deal with 6 months of HD DVD is dead and now that it isnt we have countless crybabys thread/
Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 PM

I recommend any potential new adopters on a budget to wait this thing out a couple years.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Another Blu boy crying hahahahaha get over it.

Im sick of all yall Blu boys. I had to deal with 6 months of HD DVD is dead and now that it isnt we have countless crybabys thread/

LOL...... Only the HD DVD owners will cry when its over.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 PM

It's unfortunate you listened to the Blu-Ray mouthbreathers and a little bit of clearheaded analysis might have helped you make a better decision. You're right about one thing, the current sales numbers mean very little, but I think it's pretty obvious which format will reach a mass market price point much earlier. This is the ONLY thing that matters.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrob View Post
I recommend any potential new adopters on a budget to wait this thing out a couple years.
Seconded.

If it genuinely makes you feel this bad then it's probably best to walk away and just get back to loving movies again for what they are.

I'll also admit to feeling a bit similar when HD DVD was in the doldrums but hung in there ad now I'm glad I did.