Michael Bay's Final Stance = HD DVD Good - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Post Michael Bay's Final Stance = HD DVD Good

Here is a quote from Michael Bay on his forum. He just posted this so it's the latest.

Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay

So there it is. Sorry Blu-Ray fans. Mod's can you make the appropriate adjustments on your home page article? Also, would you mind changing the title while you are at it? It is now misleading.

Here is the URL for the source:

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...pic.php?t=2304
Old 08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

He jumps around doesn't he? First he was mad, now he is okay? It's not okay to make claims like that uneducated and then say nevermind, but I'm just glad people can finally give this a rest.

He mentioned that he heard about $200 players, I guess we know why Paramount decided exclusive would be a good way to go along with the money.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 PM

I just posted a thread saying this EXACT same thing.

HD DVD is closest to providing an HD player at "impulse buy" price. Period, end of story. HD DVD owners also buy more discs per unit.

The PS3 IS blu-ray right now. Unfortunately, the PS3 is NEVER going to push HD movies to the mainstream because the mainstream doesn't want a videogame system (name a PS2 owner that also doesn't have a dedicated DVD player. Now repeat this process with PS3 and blu-ray)

Bay overreacted and now has listened to reason. He won't be the first.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

Like I said to every BD backer in numerous other posts, but Bay knew damn well he never meant what he said...and the studio always wins...

I'd also suspect Paramount reps let him in on other reasons why they are supporting HD DVD...I'm fully expecting another bombshell announcement right at the start of the holiday season.

Its nice to see he is manning up and admitting his mistake...but the dinner with BD owners was the best...like most people on ths site, you could all do better to lay off the Blurry Ray kool aid.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Sound like he said what he meant origianlly, but got bitch-slapped by Paramount behind closed doors.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I could care less if he did make Transformers 2 or not...he makes himself sound like without him it can't happen.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM

Sounds like Bay on Pearl Harbor... I'm off, no I'm on... No, I'm off again, nope, back on again...
Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCali View Post
Sound like he said what he meant origianlly, but got bitch-slapped by Paramount behind closed doors.
I don't think so..he could still say what he said.. I think they filled him in on the HD DVD group's plans and he is okay with it. He may not be completely happy, but It sounds like he is okay now that he knows what will hopefully do down this year.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCali View Post
Sounds like someone can't accept the huge blo BD was just dealt...

soooo close....sooo close BD.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 PM

haha we own him