300 on Blu-ray outsold 300 on HD DVD 71:29 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 AM

Default 300 on Blu-ray outsold 300 on HD DVD 71:29

According to Neilson/VideoScan, sales of 300 in HD for the week ending the 12th August 2007 were 71% of sales for Blu-ray and only 29% of sales for HD DVD.

The next best selling Warner title was TMNT which had 68% of sales for Blu-ray and only 32% of sales for HD DVD.

So much for Warner saying neutral is the way to go. The disparity in sales between Blu-ray and HD DVD will only widen over the next six months as Universal has only the Bourne Ultimatum to try and counteract Blu-ray’s exclusive titles of the Spiderman trilogy, Pirates 3, Ratatouille and probably Die Hard 4.0 and the Simpsons Movie.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/questex/hom081907/
Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 AM

Is Die Hard 4, The Simpson's Movie & Fantastic Four 2 coming out on Blu-ray?

I hope you have news none of us have since Fox announced Fantastic Four 2 for standard DVD but no Blu-ray.

Hopefully you have some news of the Fox sticking it's head out of the hole. We're all waiting on that.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
Is Die Hard 4, The Simpson's Movie & Fantastic Four 2 coming out on Blu-ray?

I hope you have news none of us have since Fox announced Fantastic Four 2 for standard DVD but no Blu-ray.

Hopefully you have some news of the Fox sticking it's head out of the hole. We're all waiting on that.
According to rumours from insiders on avsforum, Fox has not forgotten Blu-ray and will be releasing again soon.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:43 AM

ff2 has a october 8 BD release date in the UK, which was listed on fox's uk website yesterday, and according to the latest edition of DVD review, sunshine BD is being released on september 7. no logical reason why US announcements will not be forthcoming.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlin View Post
ff2 has a october 8 BD release date in the UK, which was listed on fox's uk website yesterday, and according to the latest edition of DVD review, sunshine BD is being released on september 7. no logical reason why US announcements will not be forthcoming.
I'm sure Fox is preparing themselves for a huge Q4 Blu-ray release schedule.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzap64 View Post
According to Neilson/VideoScan, sales of 300 in HD for the week ending the 12th August 2007 were 71% of sales for Blu-ray and only 29% of sales for HD DVD.

The next best selling Warner title was TMNT which had 68% of sales for Blu-ray and only 32% of sales for HD DVD.

So much for Warner saying neutral is the way to go. The disparity in sales between Blu-ray and HD DVD will only widen over the next six months as Universal has only the Bourne Ultimatum to try and counteract Blu-ray’s exclusive titles of the Spiderman trilogy, Pirates 3, Ratatouille and probably Die Hard 4.0 and the Simpsons Movie.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/questex/hom081907/
So 300 had 71% of the Bluray sales for the week and TMNT had 68% of the Blu-ray sales for the week? I think you messed up the logic of the article a bit.

And what do you mean so much for Warner saying neutral was the way to go.
Let's fast forward a year when sales are a little bigger. Would you rather sell 2 million Blurays or 2 million Blurays and 1 million HD DVDs? Thats still a lot of money being left on the table.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
According to rumours from insiders on avsforum, Fox has not forgotten Blu-ray and will be releasing again soon.
I'm sure Fox hasn't forgotten about Blu-ray but announcing Fantastic Four 2 on standard DVD with no Blu-ray in sight doesn't put them in good standing with Blu-ray fans like me.

I feel like I'm in the Ferris Bueller movie. Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone?

Fox, Fox, anyone, anyone?

Hopefully you're right though it would make my holiday season.

I would definitely like to purchase Fantastic Four 2, Die Hard 4 & the Simpson's movie. It would piss me off to miss those for the holiday season.

At least say something so people will know what to expect.

Oh & buy the way since it's what the thread is about I bought 300 on Blu-ray, grain & all.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:25 PM

If anything this shows people will buy these titles regardless of PiP so Warner please release Batman Begins and Constantine on Blu ray!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I'm sure Fox is preparing themselves for a huge Q4 Blu-ray release schedule.
Heck, I don't even care about a huge Q4 release...I just want SOME releases.