Do you really think Blue-Ray is doing that well? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 778
Default Do you really think Blue-Ray is doing that well?

I read all these HD DVD hate posts and how great Blue-Ray is and quite frankly I don't see how you think Blue-Ray is that successful compared to HD-DVD? There are 4 million PS3 players in house holds and around 300 thousand Blue-Ray stand alone players(correct be if I am wrong) and I am not sure about the HD DVD add on for the Xbox 360, I know they are more HD DVD standalone players then Blue-Ray but I am not sure of the exact number so I won't list it. Point is with that many Blue-Ray players why do you only outsell HD-DVD 2-1? That to me is sort of pathetic and doesn't justify these Blue-Ray is god and HD-DVD needs to die off. Why aren't you outselling us 15-1? Considering you didn't outsell us that bad with the 300 movie considering you have millions of players lol. Are you really doing that well compared to HD-DVD? Most Blue-Ray fans don't realize that, they just see them selling more and come to the conclusion HD-DVD sucks. Truth of the matter is HD-DVD is doing great compared to the number of players and I am quite happy. Maybe you Blue-Ray fans should stop mentioning the PS3 players because it seems most PS3 owners don't give a flying crap.

I can imagine you Blue-Ray swarming in here to tell me I am missinformed, or I am jealous or my HD-DVD format is dying, I have heard it all. You guys are some angry people, lol all the hate. Also realize I own a player that plays both and I win either way but I enjoy HD DVD because right now it offers more the Blue-Ray technology wise. With all these Blue-Ray hating posts makes me wonder how high your blood pressures are up, angry angry.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Crackbone's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
I read all these HD DVD hate posts and how great Blue-Ray is and quite frankly I don't see how you think Blue-Ray is that successful compared to HD-DVD? There are 4 million PS3 players in house holds and around 300 thousand Blue-Ray stand alone players(correct be if I am wrong) and I am not sure about the HD DVD add on for the Xbox 360, I know they are more HD DVD standalone players then Blue-Ray but I am not sure of the exact number so I won't list it. Point is with that many Blue-Ray players why do you only outsell HD-DVD 2-1? That to me is sort of pathetic and doesn't justify these Blue-Ray is god and HD-DVD needs to die off. Why aren't you outselling us 15-1? Considering you didn't outsell us that bad with the 300 movie considering you have millions of players lol. Are you really doing that well compared to HD-DVD? Most Blue-Ray fans don't realize that, they just see them selling more and come to the conclusion HD-DVD sucks. Truth of the matter is HD-DVD is doing great compared to the number of players and I am quite happy. Maybe you Blue-Ray fans should stop mentioning the PS3 players because it seems most PS3 owners don't give a flying crap.

I can imagine you Blue-Ray swarming in here to tell me I am missinformed, or I am jealous or my HD-DVD format is dying, I have heard it all. You guys are some angry people, lol all the hate. Also realize I own a player that plays both and I win either way but I enjoy HD DVD because right now it offers more the Blue-Ray technology wise. Let me smack talk begin!

Well, well, you conveniently bring up the PS3 again. 4 million sold, (NPD says 20% are players) , but the actual number of players world wide is 800,000 before standalones.

In North America it's right @ 350,000 + standalones, so about 500K or so.

Most PS3 owners don't have to give a crap, but if the remaining 20% do..ouch...couple that with the recent article that BD standalones are rapidly catching up with HD DVD standalones, and you have a serious problem.


http://www.videobusiness.com/index.a...leid=CA6467868


Furthermore, the real power and weight of the content will be hammered home this holiday season.. (check out Phase II thread for releases)...

It's truly game over for HD DVD.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 778
Default

Your attempt was poor. Pathetic they can't sell more Blue-Ray dics with 4 millions units of Players. End of HD DVD? Why do you guys think they are going to quit selling HD DVD? It's making a profit and selling quite good for the number of players. It will be around a long time. HD DVD is going anywhere no matter how much you want it too. Posting Phase 2 says nothing because HD-DVD is coming out with a rather nice selection itself this holiday. Get over this HD DVD will be dead soon cause it's here to stay for a good while as long as it's making money. Just because a brand sells less then another brand doesn't mean it isn't making a profit. Blue-Ray fans need to quit all the hate cause your blood pressure is getting really high. 20 percent of PS3 fans buying Blue-Ray lol that is sad.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 778
Default

No it's not flame baiting. Why can't I post something about the sales. You Blue-Ray fans are the ones that get mad. Why is it alright to post why HD-DVD sales are horrible or why HD-DVD is dying but I can't post that Blue-Ray sales are pathetic with 4 million units out. I want a honest answer why Blue-Ray is so great when it's sales aren't that good considering they have MILLIONS OF PLAYERS. It actually makes HD-DVD a more popular choice when you look at the math. We sales more HD DVDs with our number of players compared to yours.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Phillysports8982's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
Your attempt was poor. Pathetic they can't sell more Blue-Ray dics with 4 millions units of Players. End of HD DVD? Why do you guys think they are going to quit selling HD DVD? It's making a profit and selling quite good for the number of players. It will be around a long time. HD DVD is going anywhere no matter how much you want it too. Posting Phase 2 says nothing because HD-DVD is coming out with a rather nice selection itself this holiday. Get over this HD DVD will be dead soon cause it's here to stay for a good while as long as it's making money. Just because a brand sells less then another brand doesn't mean it isn't making a profit. Blue-Ray fans need to quit all the hate cause your blood pressure is getting really high. 20 percent of PS3 fans buying Blue-Ray lol that is sad.
yes your right a rather nice selection..

what about the summer blockbusters on blu ray...i'm sorry you "rather nice selection" doesnt hold a candle to the blu ray fall/xmas

spidey 3, Potc3, FF2,Ratatouille, Die Hard 4, Simpsons etc
2.4 billion in worldwide box office and counting...

plus Transformers is coming out on both and will surely sell more in Blu Ray
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,912
Default

Mods: Can we have a subforum for worn out attach rate arguments, please? I believe there are enough posts to justify it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Phillysports8982's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
No it's not flame baiting. Why can't I post something about the sales. You Blue-Ray fans are the ones that get mad. Why is it alright to post why HD-DVD sales are horrible or why HD-DVD is dying but I can't post that Blue-Ray sales are pathetic with 4 million units out. I want a honest answer why Blue-Ray is so great when it's sales aren't that good considering they have MILLIONS OF PLAYERS. It actually makes HD-DVD a more popular choice when you look at the math. We sales more HD DVDs with our number of players compared to yours.
because you post about blu ray sales being pathetic is nothing but a god awfulled biased opinion and a massive spin on the facts about what is going on.

p.s. get over the 4 million ps3, because it was 4 million a month and half ago before the price cut, its more than likely in the 5 to 6 million range now, but keep pretending Sony hasn't sold any more PS3's

and sales aren't good for blu ray, i guess the success of 300 on Blu Ray is also a failure, considering it set sales records for Blu Ray and HD as a whole
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
I read all these HD DVD hate posts and how great Blue-Ray is and quite frankly I don't see how you think Blue-Ray is that successful compared to HD-DVD? There are 4 million PS3 players in house holds and around 300 thousand Blue-Ray stand alone players(correct be if I am wrong) and I am not sure about the HD DVD add on for the Xbox 360, I know they are more HD DVD standalone players then Blue-Ray but I am not sure of the exact number so I won't list it. Point is with that many Blue-Ray players why do you only outsell HD-DVD 2-1? That to me is sort of pathetic and doesn't justify these Blue-Ray is god and HD-DVD needs to die off. Why aren't you outselling us 15-1? Considering you didn't outsell us that bad with the 300 movie considering you have millions of players lol. Are you really doing that well compared to HD-DVD? Most Blue-Ray fans don't realize that, they just see them selling more and come to the conclusion HD-DVD sucks. Truth of the matter is HD-DVD is doing great compared to the number of players and I am quite happy. Maybe you Blue-Ray fans should stop mentioning the PS3 players because it seems most PS3 owners don't give a flying crap.

I can imagine you Blue-Ray swarming in here to tell me I am missinformed, or I am jealous or my HD-DVD format is dying, I have heard it all. You guys are some angry people, lol all the hate. Also realize I own a player that plays both and I win either way but I enjoy HD DVD because right now it offers more the Blue-Ray technology wise. With all these Blue-Ray hating posts makes me wonder how high your blood pressures are up, angry angry.
Not, really PS3 isn't doing a good job, becouse all the format depends of their sucess...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Crackbone's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.k. View Post
Mods: Can we have a subforum for worn out attach rate arguments, please? I believe there are enough posts to justify it.
Amen. Additionally many here need to also go take a business related class and then study the cases of Beta, CED and other formats that have failed. Do you know what you will find? The attach rates were insane on all failed formats and they still died.

Attach rates mean nada unless you are on the side that's losing in total sales, then it's important. It's total sales, through and through.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 778
Default

Why can't you understand my post? Now you say the PS3 has sold 6 million units? That makes the Blue-Ray sales seem worse. With that many units and less then a million HD-DVD players then can you understand my point that HD-DVD is doing great and Blue-Ray isn't selling as many as 6 millions units should? Why don't Blue-Ray fans understand that? Your doing better then HD-DVD, no joke but considering you have millions of Players and we have less then a million your not doing so well. Considering you outnumber us by the millions and are only outselling us 2-1, that seems pathetic to me and I don't care what else you say because you can't argue against it and you want the thread locked because you don't have an answer why your sales aren't higher. You have made my day,thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blu-ray doing so well Inglix the Mad High Definition Smackdown 13 09-17-2009 01:04 AM
Teminator: Salvation sucks really, really, really, really, really, really bad!!! ATLFalconsFAN Film Forum 2 05-21-2009 04:24 AM
THiking of doing blu ray as well. Is this a good price for this player brandoshido Blu-ray Software General Discussion 4 12-22-2007 01:39 AM
Which studio do you think is doing the best job with their HD PQ and SQ? dobyblue General Discussion: Both Formats 31 03-01-2007 10:05 PM
You know your format is doing well when... zzap64 High Definition Smackdown 53 02-13-2007 05:09 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off