here is how you can get some idea of how many ps3 will be used for blu-ray. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2006, 01:15 AM

Default here is how you can get some idea of how many ps3 will be used for blu-ray.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Blu-Ray-DV.../dp/B000M17AVO

you can get some idea by how many of these sell. if there only gamers they would not buy one.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:17 AM

$44.99??????????

Are you kidding me??? $50 bucks for a platform specific remote???
Old 12-31-2006, 01:19 AM

No IR just kills it for me, and the PS2 adapter hack isn't the ideal solution.

Hopefully Logitech comes up with a PS3 branded Harmony.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
Are you kidding me??? $50 bucks for a platform specific remote???
Which should have been included anyways if Sony really thought they were targeting movie watchers instead of gamers (along with an HD capable cable).
Old 12-31-2006, 02:09 AM

I've got no interest until a IR version comes along. Since that isn't out yet, I'll use my controller which works perfectly well. My non-gamer wife took about sixty seconds of guessing to figure out how to use the game controller to start a movie (with zero input from me) so I only really want the IR part to add it to the rest of my fully controlled system.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:18 AM
noobydoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocknight View Post

you can get some idea by how many of these sell. if there only gamers they would not buy one.
that is a very clever find apocknight. i guess the only caveat is how many are satisfied to use the controller vs buying a remote. the 360 controller is pretty easy and I use it a lot for the movies.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocknight View Post

It says "Release Date: January 9, 2007".

Perhaps when it's actually released we will be able to tell something, although the RC is in no way a requirement to watch movies. I haven't decided if I want one, because I still need to keep my control pad around for playing games so I would just be increasing the already large number of controls on my table.

I want a IR adaptor for the PS3 or a universal remote that does both IR and Blu-tuth, that will be nice.

Last edited by HarakoMeshi; 12-31-2006 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:45 AM

It's already in stock at my store.

But I have to agree with those who say it won't be a good indicator either. I mean, sure, every remote sold will indicate a Blu-ray user, but I know if I was in their shoes, I'd be happy enough with the controller and not want to hand Sony any more money for something that should've been included in the first place.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
It's already in stock at my store.

But I have to agree with those who say it won't be a good indicator either. I mean, sure, every remote sold will indicate a Blu-ray user, but I know if I was in their shoes, I'd be happy enough with the controller and not want to hand Sony any more money for something that should've been included in the first place.
i know dude, i mean fawk, if the movies are gonna be in 1080p, why wasnt there a 1080p LCD included with the PS3 either? and oohh yea, those really nice monster HDMI cords cause you know, i need that to get the picture quality and well shit, it supports uncompressed audio so where is the 6.1 surround sound in my PS3 box?
Old 12-31-2006, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
i know dude, i mean fawk, if the movies are gonna be in 1080p, why wasnt there a 1080p LCD included with the PS3 either? and oohh yea, those really nice monster HDMI cords cause you know, i need that to get the picture quality and well shit, it supports uncompressed audio so where is the 6.1 surround sound in my PS3 box?
Dude, why does it feel like I am stalking you?

PS2 didn't come with a remote, so I wouldn't expect the PS3 to come with one.