Tidal wave of Fox Blu-ray titles in Q4/07? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

Default Tidal wave of Fox Blu-ray titles in Q4/07?

http://www.hollywoodinhidef.com/blog_detail.php?id=106

this is taken from kittrick's blog on the hollywood in hi def site

Quote:
Most of the biggest upcoming hi-def disc titles announced in recent days, such as "Cars," "Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," and "Spider-Man 3," will be available only on Blu-ray. And if and when the Fox logjam breaks, which rumblings amongst insiders indicate may be soon, expect additional Fox summer hits led by "The Simpsons Movie" (opened at a whopping $72 million last weekend), "Live Free or Die Hard" and "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer."
Meanwhile, almost all the major new HD DVD titles will also be released simultaneously on Blu-ray, including "300" and Ridley Scott's latest and definitive cut of "Blade Runner."
Old 07-30-2007, 05:43 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

Fox definately has some players in the holiday release schedule (and some potential catalogs) that will be big sellers. Whether anybody personally liked these movies you can't deny their commercial appeal.

Disney is stepping up their release schedule with Pixar short films and Lost Season 3 (hope they release the first 2 seasons) and Pirates 3, and Cars.

If Fox jumps in with both feet the Blu-ray shelves will be very full with new releases (when adding in all the Sony releases, all those small exclusive studios, and the neutral studios).

The Blu-ray shelves will look overflowing with new and catalog releases compared to HD-DVD. I pity Universal. They have done an outstanding job so far releasing massive amounts of catalog titles, but I just don't think they can match the Blu-ray side by themselves.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:48 PM

I believe strongly that FOX will issue their statement anyday now, but for argument sake let's just wait until they do... I've about heard all I can take from the HD DVD side about the absence of FOX movies on BD...
Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
I believe strongly that FOX will issue their statement anyday now, but for argument sake let's just wait until they do... I've about heard all I can take from the HD DVD side about the absence of FOX movies on BD...
I have been listening about this "any day now" since May.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:12 PM

How about NO...

Quote:
Fox wants you to know that at this time, they have NOT announced any dates for either MGM or Fox titles to be released on Blu-ray Disc, including 'Jeepers Creepers 2,' despite whatever information is floating around in cyberspace.
http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=635
Old 07-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divian View Post
I have been listening about this "any day now" since May.
We all noticed how keen you are for this news. When Fox does come out and announce its movies will you do a happy dance and go Blu?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
We all noticed how keen you are for this news. When Fox does come out and announce its movies will you do a happy dance and go Blu?
Well they say they wont... so since they are not SONY I will trust what their offices say.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:14 PM

I want I ROBOT and MAN ON FIRE~! They were both supposed to be released this May. Damn Fox, they really blew smoke up our butts at CES this January.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
There are a lot of Fox titles I would love to buy. Did someone say Star Wars?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 PM

I hope Fox releases all of those titles on Blu-ray with BD+ so I can download torrents of them in 1080p. I don't care if it takes me overnight to download the movie. Still quicker than I would get it from Amazon with free shipping.

Sorry Fox but I'd be doing this just to spite you because of your BD+ bullshit. Otherwise I would be fine with an upscalled DVD.