Another reason why standalones will determine the format war - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
cyberlaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 682
Default Another reason why standalones will determine the format war

Is the PS3 really this loud?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGfNvt_uPw
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Phillysports8982's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,668
Default

yea , my ps3 is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlaz View Post
Is the PS3 really this loud?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGfNvt_uPw
And half of the existing HDDVD players are 10x louder and missing critical features, so your point is?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
zombieflanders's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,724
Default

Simple answer - No.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:23 PM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlaz View Post
Is the PS3 really this loud?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGfNvt_uPw
Nah, its bullshit. The PS3 is silent from any decent distance.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:24 PM
cleeve's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,993
Default

My PS3 is completely silent unless i literally have my ear resting against it.


Nice try though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlaz View Post
Is the PS3 really this loud?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGfNvt_uPw
Compared to the Jet Engine that is the 360, the Ps3 is like a kitten purring.

Logan
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
spider1981's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 155
Default

I have my PS3 and my Xbox 360 elite sitting in the same media tower. I cannot hear the PS3 at all unless I'm right up next to it (like putting a disc in).
My Xbox I can hear humming along at any point in my living room when it's on. I love 'em both though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedeath View Post
Compared to the Jet Engine that is the 360, the Ps3 is like a kitten purring.

Logan
He did compare the 360 and PS3 as well, and that supports your statement that the 360 is way louder. However, A2 and PS3, the PS3 is way louder. What's the problem here?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Nah, its bullshit. The PS3 is silent from any decent distance.
Even if you couldn't hear the sound on your TV with the PS3, I have a feeling you would say it's silent. Fanboyism is blinding you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blu-ray standalones outselling HD-DVD standalones by 12x Metalex High Definition Smackdown 2 01-23-2008 07:42 AM
Yet another reason why HD-DVD is a Definate Underdog.... bigsef3 High Definition Smackdown 9 09-20-2007 03:01 AM
Another reason why the war / competition is GOOD for movie lovers messin18 High Definition Smackdown 15 08-09-2007 07:56 PM
A reason why the format war isn't close to over. Luke High Definition Smackdown 46 03-16-2007 10:54 PM
Does game system allegiance determine HD format allegiance, or vice versa? rick240 High Definition Smackdown 58 02-06-2007 03:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off