Is there a relationship between the PS3 crowd/BD winning/types of movies on BD??? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 107
Default Is there a relationship between the PS3 crowd/BD winning/types of movies on BD???

Im relatively new to this format stuff and this site but one thing that I have noticed is that due to studio support BD would *appear* to have access to a giant group of solid catalog titles that you would think would be big sellers. Im not gonna name them...you know the stuff I'm talking about. A lot of it is from Fox, MGM, or Disney.

So, BD leading the software sales end of it has to be because of the PS3 since the stand-alone sales Toshiba apparently leads in.

But.... the total number of titles released is pretty close and the overall quality and desireability of the titles seems to be pretty close too.

So.... is BDs lead mainly because the PS3 crowd are more like the types that would enjoy the types of releases being hyped for BD? Lots of action stuff, things like that? I always considered the gaming crowd likely to be more into POTC type stuff and movie buffs would be not so into that kind of stuff.

Oh well.... Just wondering how HD DVD has the stand alone sales leads, the PS3 apparently has poor attach rates, and yet BD leads the software sales.

Sort of confusing....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Woody's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentSmith View Post
Im relatively new to this format stuff and this site but one thing that I have noticed is that due to studio support BD would *appear* to have access to a giant group of solid catalog titles that you would think would be big sellers. Im not gonna name them...you know the stuff I'm talking about. A lot of it is from Fox, MGM, or Disney.

So, BD leading the software sales end of it has to be because of the PS3 since the stand-alone sales Toshiba apparently leads in.

But.... the total number of titles released is pretty close and the overall quality and desireability of the titles seems to be pretty close too.

So.... is BDs lead mainly because the PS3 crowd are more like the types that would enjoy the types of releases being hyped for BD? Lots of action stuff, things like that? I always considered the gaming crowd likely to be more into POTC type stuff and movie buffs would be not so into that kind of stuff.

Oh well.... Just wondering how HD DVD has the stand alone sales leads, the PS3 apparently has poor attach rates, and yet BD leads the software sales.

Sort of confusing....

The PS3 attach rate does suck, but the number of PS3's out there is very high, relative to standalone players from either side.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,774
Default

I think there is too much of a stereotype on the movie preferences of person who owns a PS3.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post
I think there is too much of a stereotype on the movie preferences of person who owns a PS3.
I was really just asking...not trying to stereotype anyone.

It just seems that the slam, bam action flicks may appeal more to the gaming crowd. Just like Harry Meets Sally appealed mostly to the female viewing crowd. Thats not streotyping, its called realistic data.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
The PS3 attach rate does suck, but the number of PS3's out there is very high, relative to standalone players from either side.
Right..then even with the poor attach rates theres enough of them to still make the software lead in their favor.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,912
Default

The attach rates are excellent for a game console.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three types of consumers - Collectors, Minimalists and "Quick and Easy" and Blu-ray Kosty High Definition Smackdown 2 02-13-2011 02:46 AM
Tier for audio cable types. Centauri Home Theater Gear 4 04-07-2008 02:24 AM
Two types of Blu-ray cases? Gaco Blu-ray Software General Discussion 23 12-31-2007 07:21 PM
Missing out on Great Week of Different types of Movies dominica Blu-ray Software General Discussion 3 09-26-2007 08:15 AM
Types of HDTVs, Their Advantages & Disadvantages JU1CYFRU1T High-Def Disc FAQs 0 10-29-2006 01:05 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off