Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by towergrove View Post
    I think 3D is here to stay. Fortunately if you like it, it will be available- if you dont, you have the 2D option. Giving consumers choice is a wonderful thing!

Im looking forward to Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dial M for Murder and just announced at comic con and will be coming soon House of Wax to Blu Ray.
    I absolutely loathe 3D. I also agree that Avatar needs to stop being a yardstick because the film is mostly animated.

However, I'm actually excited about Dial M for Murder. Finally get to see it as it was intended.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreyTheater3D View Post
    Threads like this should really be deleted right away by a mod, as the ONLY reason to start this kind of thread is to antagonize those with an opposite view and see how vicious the posts will get arguing back and forth...
    Welcome to Smackdown. You must be new here?

Aside from the snark in these threads, I think there is value in the data. There were some real wide-eyed-dreamer statements flying around after the success of Avatar implying 3D would become the new standard across all visual media. We can now clearly see that is not the trend. It's going to be an option for those that want it, but us "haters (I'm one of them) aren't going to have this garbage shoved down our eyeballs like some people thought. We can go on ignoring it and enjoying our media the way we like it.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Tree Dude is offline Member

If the movie was shot in 3D, I will probably watch it that way when I go to the theater. My eyes don't really like 3D though (my vision itself is perfect otherwise). My TV is older (42" 1080p 60hz) and I have no immediate plans to upgrade. Even if I did get a passive 3D TV (would not buy an active one) I doubt I would use the 3D function much.

I have friends who cannot even get through a 3D movie without getting a headache. I think it is cool in small doses, but the need for every big movie to be 3D needs to end (especially production studios doing post conversion).
    = Atomic TreeDude
    = Atomic_TreeDude
    Steam = Tree_Dude

Quote Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
    Welcome to Smackdown. You must be new here?
    Lol, I'm really getting beat up in here...

In my defense, I actually came into this thread via the "New Posts" link, so I didn't realize I was in the Smackdown Forum until after I posted... so OK, I take my statement back - this thread should not be pulled since it is in the correct place - my error!

SO, everyone go ahead and b**ch to their heart's content, lol!

Now, with THAT said:

Aside from the snark in these threads, I think there is value in the data. There were some real wide-eyed-dreamer statements flying around after the success of Avatar implying 3D would become the new standard across all visual media. We can now clearly see that is not the trend. It's going to be an option for those that want it, but us "haters (I'm one of them) aren't going to have this garbage shoved down our eyeballs like some people thought. We can go on ignoring it and enjoying our media the way we like it.
    But if all you "haters" are ignoring it, then why are you always in the 3D threads b**ching about it all the time? Yeah, that's certainly ignoring it... snark snark!
    FEEL an awesome 3D Blu-ray movie in the Frey Theater - Now featuring projection in glorious "FREYMAX" 3D!

RM
    RM is offline Member

Lol, I'm really getting beat up in here...

In my defense, I actually came into this thread via the "New Posts" link, so I didn't realize I was in the Smackdown Forum until after I posted... so OK, I take my statement back - this thread should not be pulled since it is in the correct place - my error!

Now everyone go ahead and b**ch to their heart's content, lol!
    It's all in good fun - Don't get discouraged. Us regulars enjoy digging at each other over this stuff.

In all honesty, this forum (HDD as a whole, not just smackdown) does a great job of riding the line between being able to bitch and express strong viewpoints with people who totally disagree, but also not get into horrendous flame wars with people getting banned every week. Most forums would not tolerate any serious arguing, or they would degrade into 4chan levels of childishness.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

It's all in good fun - Don't get discouraged. Us regulars enjoy digging at each other over this stuff.
    Nah, not discouraged - see, I was modifying my post above while you were posting this - I just got into the foray myself, lol!
    FEEL an awesome 3D Blu-ray movie in the Frey Theater - Now featuring projection in glorious "FREYMAX" 3D!

RM
    RM is offline Member

But if all you "haters" are ignoring it, then why are you always in the 3D threads b**ching about it all the time? Yeah, that's certainly ignoring it... snark snark!
    Cause it's hella fun!
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12