Sister site HDF - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:14 PM

Default Sister site HDF

is a disgrace.

paTROLLED by a mod that owns every HD DVD known to man. Boy I wonder if he is biased?

The only activity is by bitter HD DVD losers, still to this day (GET OVER IT ALREADY) trashing bluray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JizzmoHDDVD
WHAAAAAA!!!!! bluyra is teh devil! i hate it - failure failure - whaaa.
That is why this forum is dead. The debate is over. Logical rational people have moved on and accepted reality. :iconhddvdpngci7: got crushed. bluray is here to stay. someone tell the losers at HDF to get over it already. how pathetic.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 PM

Well, I generally agree with you that blu-ray succeeding as loosely defined by it's presence in the market place and continued support is definitely true.

The argument beyond that has been a matter of performance and that has definitely been clearly defined as it seems to have a linear penetration/growth for the last few years.

Of course, the issues are people calling the format a failure for not achieving expectations set forth with the initial development and marketing of the format.

It has surely failed to reach those benchmarks, but whether or not that defines the format a failure is altogether a different issue.

I think that it's performance to me has generally been disappointing but understandable and easily deduced from market conditions including economy and cultural shifts.

I have always felt that when people don't think tangible factors can explain the performance and continue to think it should have been better do have a legitimate argument to say blu-ray performed below explainable expectations because it "sucks". Granted I see the reasons/excuses for it's lackluster performance (compared to DVD) so I'm not really in that camp per se.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 PM

If HD DVD had won and were performing in the same manner as bluray currently is, none of the people currently calling bluray a failure would be saying the same for HD DVD. They are incapable of talking negative about "their" format. Which is why they are hypocrites.

The one and only true failure in the world of HD is their beloved HD DVD. And they know it. Which is why they behave the way they do TO THIS VERY DAY. Trashing bluray deflects from the reality that the official namesake of the immensely popular DVD format, created from the same officiating body, and first to the market FAILED. It was a failure in the marketplace, and was abandoned by its creator and the industry. It was a financial failure for Toshiba. No chance to recoup those losses. It was a failure by all accounts. Except in the eyes of the 4-5 guys on the internet that still in love with the format. And boy are they still pissed! DOwn with bluray! Rah rah rah. Grrr.......
Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Learned this from HDF, in addition to being a FAILURE, bluray also is responsible for the upcoming hurricane season, the boy who just got his arm bit off by a gator, and JLO leaving American Idol.

Stay tuned for other tragedies and disasters caused by that evil bluray.

Oh me oh my if only HD DVD had won....Steve Jobs would still be alive, the housing market would be better and cars would run on turnip juice.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 PM

Fun fact #64 from HDF -

in between gangbang attacking Kosty for being a Benedict Arnold, the crew at HDF likes to watch HD DVDs and drink Mountain Dew Code Red together, and compare HD DVD demo discs bought from Russia for $89.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Fun Fact # 109.5 -

Everyday in the mirror, the 4-5 grumpy guys at HDF look in the mirror and say to themselves:

"The look and sound of perfect."
Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM

Fun Fact # 92b -

HD DVD will rise like a PHOENIX!!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:12 PM

Fun Fact #2 -

At least once a week two HDF members watch Dukes of Hazzard on HD DVD, then at the end of the movie they do a jumping high 5 and yell "HD DVD EXCLUSIVE!!"
Old 07-15-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
And boy are they still pissed!
7 posts about this site in 1 day.... Pot meet kettle.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 AM

This thread is closed. HD Smackdown is for discussion and debate of all HD formats, which at this point really doesn't include the defunct HD DVD format. It does include HD streaming (ever growning), HDTV, and Blu-ray and any potential competition those formats may have along with the existing DVD format.

Please, let's not trash other websites which we may disagree on the opinions of. There are plenty of opinions out there on the Internet that we agree with and disagree with and it seems like there is a website for everyone and everything who wants to be in agreement.

Question that? Look for sites which tout the virtues of $500 audio cables, then take a look at sites like Audioholics which call the exact same thing complete rubbish. Put those guys in a room and watch the arguements begin (and I'll happily join in!)

But, there is no need to trash other sites... Just let them do their thing and if you disagree with someone, feel free to register there and state you opinion politely.