Where is Weinstein? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Banned

Default Where is Weinstein?

I see people asking where Fox is all the time so I figured this would be a good question to ask the HD DVD faithful. Factory Girl, a big release for the Weinstein company, is coming out on SD DVD Tuesday, July 24th. Why are they not bringing this out on HD DVD? What about Bobby?

Do you guys think we perhaps may not be seeing Grindhouse come out on HD DVD at all? Did the Blockbuster bombshell have an effect on Weinstein's HD DVD exclusivity due to the exclusive rental deal between the two companies? I guess we'll see soon. Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:06 PM

Yes..you are right.

Where is Weinstein?

They are probably thinking right now on being Blu Ray exclusive instead and that is why they are not releasing more titles.

So bad because they have one of the better catalogue collection of movies in all Hollywood. The amount of movies they have is as extensive as Disney's or Fox's.

Right now they are also one of the studios with the biggest YTD gross average in the Box office. Their contribution to this format War should be as important as the rest of the studios.

There are no excuses here for such a behaviour from this studio.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divian View Post
Yes..you are right.

Where is Weinstein?

They are probably thinking right now on being Blu Ray exclusive instead and that is why they are not releasing more titles.

So bad because they have one of the better catalogue collection of movies in all Hollywood. The amount of movies they have is as extensive as Disney's or Fox's.

Right now they are also one of the studios with the biggest YTD gross averagein the Box office. Their contribution to this format War should be as important as the rest of the studios.
Sarcasm detection?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
Sarcasm detection?
It's over 9000!!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
Sarcasm detection?
I am being serious.

Have you ever seem how big those budgets on those movies they film.
Legendary studio I must admit.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Wow, Divian you never cease to amaze me. I can't wait for Universal to go neutral so you can downplay their significance in similar fashion.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post
Wow, Divian you never cease to amaze me. I can't wait for Universal to go neutral so you can downplay their significance in similar fashion.
Thank you.

Universal is also as Important as the rest, but too bad that their latest movies are not great at all.
I also heard that their most recent titles are not doing so great on PQ and they do not even have lossless sound on their titles.
Who wants a studio like this one?

I do not think Blu rayers might want it either.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Maybe since Weinstien since seperating from Disney does not have the back catalog from Miramax...So what ever W has put out in the last 3 years is about all they have.

Makes sense to me.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post
I see people asking where Fox is all the time so I figured this would be a good question to ask the HD DVD faithful. Factory Girl, a big release for the Weinstein company, is coming out on SD DVD Tuesday, July 24th. Why are they not bringing this out on HD DVD? What about Bobby?

Do you guys think we perhaps may not be seeing Grindhouse come out on HD DVD at all? Did the Blockbuster bombshell have an effect on Weinstein's HD DVD exclusivity due to the exclusive rental deal between the two companies? I guess we'll see soon. Thoughts?
Why are you calling Factory Girl a big release? It made $2,703,349 WORLD WIDE. It's widest release was 336 theatres. Nobody with half a brain would call this a "big release from weinstein"

Did you call it that just because it fit your agenda and wasn't fact? I think those number alone explain why you won't see this on HD DVD.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
Why are you calling Factory Girl a big release? It made $2,703,349 WORLD WIDE. It's widest release was 336 theatres. Nobody with half a brain would call this a "big release from weinstein"

Did you call it that just because it fit your agenda and wasn't fact? I think those number alone explain why you won't see this on HD DVD.
It's a big release for The Weinstein Company though. Harvey Weinstein went on a big Oscar campaign in an attempt to get Sienna Miller nominatd for Best Actress for this film.