Bill Hunt vs Ken Graffeo & Robert Zohn - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Bill Hunt vs Ken Graffeo & Robert Zohn + 50 new Fox releases

This was posted by drsiebling on www.blu-ray.com about a meeting he attended at EMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsiebling
Today at EMA, Zohn got up in front of a room full of attendees and went on a tirade about how much better HD DVD is than BD. I ended up challenging him on his assertation that BD doesn't support Next-gen audio formats. It was getting a bit heated when Bill Hunt spoke up and basically shut Zohn down. Then the two of them argued for about 10 minutes. I wish you all could have been there...

On a lighter note, Sony, Panasonic, Fox, Disney and Lionsgate threw a great party tonight.... I don't think anyone that attended that party will ever support HD DVD again!
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=10976&page=26

Quote:
Well, I just left this particular panel. One thing is for certain: Ken Griffeo is wavering a bit on his support of HD DVD. He even went so far as to mention the daily pressure he is under from GE to go neutral. It's only a matter of time.

Zohn continued to spew complete disinformation about his support of HD DVD. He went so far as to say this:

"At my company we are neutral - - we support formats. However, the reason we favor HD DVD..."

Uh... someone needs to look up the definition of "neutral".

He also went so far as to call the people at Sony: "A bunch of jerks... they are just terrible people"

He labeled them as such because he says they don't return his phone calls.

There will be a full video of this even posted on HTF in the next few days. I think you'll all enjoy Bill Hunt jumping down Griffeo's throat for a solid 30 minutes. Griffeo even made an early exit from the panel... I think the pressure got to him.
Quote:
Oh yeah... I cornered a Fox VP in an elevator today and she told me that we can expect at least 50 new releases on BD in Q4. She said the specific reasons for the delay were BD+ and production issues involving DTS MA. She hinted that they will be dropping that audio format from future releases.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=10976&page=28

Last edited by zzap64; 07-18-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:11 PM

Nice. I'd love to hear Hunt take someone to school.

Is this drsiebling guy pretty credible? I'm not familiar with who he is.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:12 PM

HELL-arious.

If even Graffeo the Minister of Disinformation is waffling like that I wouldn't be surprised if Universal starts releasing Blu-ray before CES.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:12 PM

who is this drseibling dude? he posts later in the same thread:

Quote:
Oh yeah... I cornered a Fox VP in an elevator today and she told me that we can expect at least 50 new releases on BD in Q4. She said the specific reasons for the delay were BD+ and production issues involving DTS MA. She hinted that they will be dropping that audio format from future releases.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:13 PM

and oh yeah, every duck and cover. incoming incoherent bill hunt hatred.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:17 PM

Bill Hunt has lost my support. He is just plain ridiculous at this point.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonshu View Post
who is this drseibling dude? he posts later in the same thread:
Drseibling is a respected reviewers of videos etc ...I think he is an editor for review website ...the name escapes me now.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian View Post
Drseibling is a respected reviewers of videos etc ...I think he is an editor for review website ...the name escapes me now.
ah, cool. thanks for the info.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
Bill Hunt has lost my support. He is just plain ridiculous at this point.
The guy lost it a long time ago when he started to believe he came to this world to be the consumers advocate.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

I am very interested to here this! Someone please post a link once it's available.

I've read the digital bits since the DIVX/DVD format war. Bill has always stating things logically.

And before all you haters of Bill pop up, the only reason he said Blu was going to win was based on his opinion that the studio and hardware support was too much for HD-DVD to overcome. So far, his prediction hasn't blown up in his face.

HD-DVD is a great product. But if I was a betting man I'd pick Blu.

I just want one product. If it's Blu great, if not, I'll survive.
Closed Thread