Blu-Ray grows, but DVD sales slide - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Default Blu-Ray grows, but DVD sales slide

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...011/52473310/1

Found this today at USA Today.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Who cares. Bluray is not as successful as DVD so it's a failure. Wrap it up Blurailures.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric89074 View Post
Who cares. Bluray is not as successful as DVD so it's a failure. Wrap it up Blurailures.
Haha, I know right? Streaming SD Netflix FTW!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Blu-ray continues to grow and for a percentage of the market, it is the best format ever and a great entertainment value. No consumer audio video format will ever equal the CD and DVD numbers, things have changed but Blu-ray will extend the life of consumer physical media a number of years and overall is a success, not a failure. If CD and DVD were home runs, Blu-ray is a swinging bunt single but that is still a hit and therefore a success. Blu-ray was swinging for the fences but the bat clipped the ball and it swirled around and couldn't be fielded.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
Blu-ray continues to grow and for a percentage of the market, it is the best format ever and a great entertainment value. No consumer audio video format will ever equal the CD and DVD numbers, things have changed but Blu-ray will extend the life of consumer physical media a number of years and overall is a success, not a failure. If CD and DVD were home runs, Blu-ray is a swinging bunt single but that is still a hit and therefore a success. Blu-ray was swinging for the fences but the bat clipped the ball and it swirled around and couldn't be fielded.
LOL. Love your baseball metaphor.

I'm watching the game on HDTV via satellite and have no interest in purchasing a box seat ticket at this time.

But...we have a new batter at the plate. Mr 4K3D and I hear he's a "heavy hitter." Maybe...just maybe HE might make the game interesting enough for couch potatoes like me to pay for season tickets. :yay:
Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
LOL. Love your baseball metaphor.

I'm watching the game on HDTV via satellite and have no interest in purchasing a box seat ticket at this time.

But...we have a new batter at the plate. Mr 4K3D and I hear he's a "heavy hitter." Maybe...just maybe HE might make the game interesting enough for couch potatoes like me to pay for season tickets. :yay:
4k3D is not mass market technology. If 1080p and 3D right now are having trouble attracting consumers, how could 4k3D succeed more? It's a pipe dream. A niche of a niche.