Image Entertainment(Criterion) goes Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Image Entertainment(Criterion) goes Blu-ray

Another day, another studio goes Blu-ray. Image Entertainment, known for the famous Criterion series, signed an exclusive distributing deal with GalleryPlayer to bring titles to Blu-ray. The first four titles slated to be released this fall include 1000 Places to See Before You Die: 50 Favorite Destinations, The Amazing World of National Geographic, Art Wolfe: Vanishing Act and 50 Paintings from the Museum of Modern Art. Will the Criterion titles soon to follow?

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070716/20070716005224.html?.v=1

Criterion collection:
http://www.image-entertainment.com/d...istingTypeID=1
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM

Holy crap!

I love th sound of this.
They have tons of TV shows that I would love to get on Blu-Ray. Twilight zone being one of them....
Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Money quote (emphasis mine):

Quote:
"GalleryPlayer's move into the Blu-ray disc market underscores the Company's focus on providing consumers with easy access to the world's finest high definition art and photography," said Paul Brownlow, President of GalleryPlayer. "HD Lifestyle Imagery demands the highest quality visual presentation and consumer experience, which Blu-ray discs deliver. Blu-ray discs are clearly the preferred choice, currently outselling HD-DVDs, and we're launching our most popular content on the most popular platform. It's a winning combination for GalleryPlayer, Blu-ray and millions of consumers."

"Image has always strived to bring to market the latest, most diverse and technically advanced offerings. Now that consumers are showing a preference for high definition content, Image won't disappoint them," stated David Borshell, Chief Operating Officer of Image Entertainment. "With its reputation for successfully pioneering high definition lifestyle imagery, GalleryPlayer is an ideal partner for Image to team up with and bring the audience an exciting selection of Blu-ray discs."
Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian View Post
Another day, another studio goes Blu-ray. Image Entertainment, known for the famous Criterion series, signed an exclusive distributing deal with GalleryPlayer to bring titles to Blu-ray. The first four titles slated to be released this fall include 1000 Places to See Before You Die: 50 Favorite Destinations, The Amazing World of National Geographic, Art Wolfe: Vanishing Act and 50 Paintings from the Museum of Modern Art. Will the Criterion titles soon to follow?

Criterion collection:

For me, all of those titles are about as exciting as getting the movie "Camp" on BR.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian View Post

Criterion collection:
That's going to convert alot of people.

Criterion is a big name for people who love high quality transfers.

Logan
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM

While it's nice to see another studio throw their hat into the war, I'd much rather have Criterion make an official announcement.

They own some of the world's best tranfer's: Ran, Throne of Blood, Spartacus and a slew of silent films!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post
For me, all of those titles are about as exciting as getting the movie "Camp" on BR.
Let the spin begin!

Wait, this just in:

You heard it hear folks, if it were on Hd-DVD it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, if it's on Blu-Ray it's crap.

Logan
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Thrown of Blood is a kickass flick, love to see on BD!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 PM

man, i'm starting to lose track of all the small studios that have turned Blu recently. i wish we had some sort of list.

anyway, just another domino...
Old 07-16-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Gorilla View Post
Thrown of Blood is a kickass flick, love to see on BD!
Let's not forget about Seven Samurai or The Seventh Seal.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Closed Thread