An Apology to Lee Stewart and 3D - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Default An Apology to Lee Stewart and 3D

Hey folks,

I've downgraded my presence here to lurker and I use it most frequently to research BD release dates and reviews. But many of you know where I stood while I was still an active poster, and many a time I stood at odd's against Lee. Well I am writing this to say Lee, I'm sorry for that but more specifically to say sorry I didn't believe you as per your foresight of 3D.

It is amazing what I've seen recently. No Avatar didn't thrill me like it did others, but since then I have seen a lot more movies in the theater, including IMAX and I can't help but say, I really like it.

Then the prevalence in my local AV shops of set's, glasses and the inching forward of titles has been amazing. I go to Best Buy, Computer Warehouses, Costco and 3D gear is everywhere. Now I was just as impressed by this kind of penetration by BD back in the day, and many of you said it was dead, so maybe 3D will be just as dead but it has reached far greater depths than I imagined a year and a half ago when I stepped away from active debate.

So nice read there Lee, you seem to have hit it and I apologize for being such a vocal detractor. Good luck folks.

Forge
:smile:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:31 PM

That was refreshing. I have new hope for the world after reading this. Hope all is well Forge. Haven't seen you here in a long time. Take care.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Thumbs up 3D.

At the very beginning I was also suspicious of 3D, but now I'm all steam ahead! :smile:

* Except for 'THOR'. ...That one is very disappointing! :sick01:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
At the very beginning I was also suspicious of 3D, but now I'm all steam ahead! :smile:

* Except for 'THOR'. ...That one is very disappointing! :sick01:
I don't know. I kind of liked Thor. But I'll admit I've seen better titles out there. I really liked Transformers 3 in 3D.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

That's fine, we're all free to like or dislike certain movies. :smile:

* I hate 'THOR', even more in 3D! :biggrin: ...Seriously though.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
That's fine, we're all free to like or dislike certain movies. :smile:

* I hate 'THOR', even more in 3D! :biggrin: ...Seriously though.
We certainly are. :joker: :biggrin:
Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Nice to have another 3D fan in the mix

Looks like Lion King 3D wiped up the competition at theaters this weekend, so I think its safe to say that 3D isn't as dead as some like to think. I certainly wouldn't have guessed it would make almost 30M.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Hi Forge.

I do appreciate your taking the time and effort to start this thread. Glad to see you have discovered the magic of 3D. We will see 3D be the technological leader in the very near future as film makers use it as the platform for increased frames/sec. Exciting times are here and on the way!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnerd View Post
Nice to have another 3D fan in the mix

Looks like Lion King 3D wiped up the competition at theaters this weekend, so I think its safe to say that 3D isn't as dead as some like to think. I certainly wouldn't have guessed it would make almost 30M.
Well I'm not a 100% fan yet, but yes I do like it. I'm not sold on its day to day though. Football on 3D might be interesting, but I think I'd prefer to keep it like it is. I don't know I'd have to experience 3D T.V. to know better.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Hi Forge.

I do appreciate your taking the time and effort to start this thread. Glad to see you have discovered the magic of 3D. We will see 3D be the technological leader in the very near future as film makers use it as the platform for increased frames/sec. Exciting times are here and on the way!
You bet Lee and you said that all along. Good for you seeing this early. By the way I hope some of that personal turmoil you were dealing with has subsided.