REMINDER: This forum has rules - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM

Default REMINDER: This forum has rules

Apparently people have forgotten that there are rules to be followed in the Smackdown.

Most notably are the rules regarding treating others with respect and not making false accusations.

At this time, if a moderator decides someone is walking to close to a line, or crosses it, with any future posts, it likely will just amount to an extended ban for that user. It may or may not have an expiration date associated with it.

Nobody here, that we know of, is paid to post. Making accusations to that affect are a violation of forum rules, regardless of who makes such claims, or alludes to it being the case.

Likewise, the mods will decide if someone is 'trolling'.

Finally - this is the HD Smackdown - not the optical disc smackdown. Discussions should focus on HD media primarily with possible affect to HD media by other markets. This includes Blu-ray Disc, HD VOD, HD streaming, etc. and the factors in what is driving those industries.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Finally - this is the HD Smackdown - not the optical disc smackdown. Discussions should focus on HD media primarily with possible affect to HD media by other markets. This includes Blu-ray Disc, HD VOD, HD streaming, etc. and the factors in what is driving those industries.
I have been saying this for months.

Thanks for finally hammering this point home.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 PM

I'd like to report a spelling error from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
There is a thread from a mod stating that only HD should be discussed here
"Only" is a funky way of spelling "primarily."
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM

Thank you and to all the mods for all of their efforts over the years.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
I'd like to report a spelling error from another thread:

"Only" is a funky way of spelling "primarily."
Quote:
(17) Attacks on a poster's SPELLING, GRAMMAR and/or READING ABILITIES are strictly prohibited. Please respect that while English is the only language allowed on this forum, it is not the first language of all our members.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/high...ome-rules.html
Old 09-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
If you think my joke was an attack on his spelling, think again.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
If you think my joke was an attack on his spelling, think again.
You know what I think? I think you picked the wrong thread to even contemplate a joke let alone post one.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
You know what I think? I think you picked the wrong thread to even contemplate a joke let alone post one.
I think I picked a great thread to report Silverado's comment in. I'm sure AV Integrated isn't going to be happy to read their comments, and won't mind the very subtle and downplayed humor.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
I think I picked a great thread to report Silverado's comment in. I'm sure AV Integrated isn't going to be happy to read their comments, and won't mind the very subtle and downplayed humor.
Guess you must think AV has a better sense of humor then I do, especially after creating this thread as a scolding and banning two members on top of that.

You want to rattle the lions cage then spit in his mouth when he gets close to the bars . . . be my guest. I just can't seem to make up my mind whether your actions are sheer bravery . . . . or sheer stupidity.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 PM

The comment in discussion was removed as it was not appropriate, and was very much not accurate. The impact of SD on HD is a reasonable discussion. But, this is not SDD, it is HDD, and some consideration of what that means should be taken into account by anyone who posts here.

Specifically: If you are here to bash on anything and everything HD, then you better have a reason, and not just be trolling. I don't care if it is Blu-ray Disc or HD VOD, or HD Cable... There has been far to many off-hand comments about how Blu-ray (typical) is going to fail as a format, yet no reason why such a statement is said.

Eventually, of course, ALL formats will fail. But, a statement made, to simply stir the pot, is not discussion, it is trolling or baiting, and it's time for discussions to resume without the baiting, trolling, and most of all attacks.