What will HMM report as BD revenues for Sun-Sat WE 09/10/11? (X-Men: First Class) - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: What will HMM report as BD revenues for Sun-Sat WE 09/10/11? 2 days X-Men:First Class
$100 million or above (around Christmas week holiday sales 12/25/10 2010) 0 0%
$90 99.99 million (around Despicable Me holiday sales 12/18/10 2010) 1 4.55%
$80 89.99 million (around Black Friday holiday sales 11/28/10 2010) 1 4.55%
$70 79.99 million (around Inception holiday sales12/12/10) 0 0%
$60 69.99 million (new record for Blu-ray weekly revenues for 2011) 0 0%
$50 59.99 million (around Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 1 sales 04/16/10) 4 18.18%
$40 49.99 million (around Tron: Legacy sales 04/09/10) 7 31.82%
$30 39.99 million (around True Grit sales 06/18/10) 5 22.73%
$20 29.99 million (around average 2011 weekly sales of $28 M) 4 18.18%
$19.99 million or below (around the lowest 2011week ) 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 AM

Default What will HMM report as BD revenues for Sun-Sat WE 09/10/11? (X-Men: First Class)

Start of the polling season for this fall.

X-Men:First Class is being released on a Friday, so the Nielsen Videoscan narrative and charts will only include three days of sales data and the Sunday-Saturday Home Media Magazine Blu-ray revenues for the week will only include two days of sales (Friday and Saturday) in the reporting period week ending Saturday 9/10/11.

We should get this sales data reported early next week.

There will also be a poll on the estimates for the sales for the leading title as reported by The-Numbers for the week in a separate thread.

This poll is for the reported total Blu-ray revenues for the week from HMM.

As an incentive each week, I will be keeping track of the guesses for each poster for all of the weekly polls and I will award the weekly winners something each week as well as having a seasonal winner after the 4Q 2011 sales period has ended later on this year. I might be able to even do something tangible through paypal or something like that.

Any comments to explain or change your vote can be placed in the thread as well as any sales reports for this week as appropriate.

I personally will be voting on this thread just before it closes next Sunday.

Have fun.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 AM

I'll be waiting to see your vote before I vote too. Seeing that you are once again going to wait til the end? Something tells me you are goin to hold back last minute data given to you by your contacts to try and insure the win. Maybe your boys over at HMM? Something smells fishy.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malanthius View Post
I'll be waiting to see your vote before I vote too. Seeing that you are once again going to wait til the end? Something tells me you are goin to hold back last minute data given to you by your contacts to try and insure the win. Maybe your boys over at HMM? Something smells fishy.
As will I. Only fair to wait till Kosty gets the data from his friends at HMM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
I personally will be voting on this thread just before it closes next Sunday.
Let's all do the same. That way, we won't get crazy excuses like "LOL. I picked the highest one as a joke!".
Old 09-12-2011, 12:50 PM

No excuses are ever needed for a poll.

Its a best guess based on limited information after all and some people are expected to do better than others if they want to take things more serious or not, or if they just want to have fun.

Vote whenever you want or do not participate at all if you want. You can explain your choices in as much detail as you want if you wish.

Each week I intend to post up a running list of that weeks results on each poll and the full set for the week as well as a running cumulative total for each participant.

Right now I am thinking of awarding the best guesser for each weeks polls small token award, perhaps a paypal gift certificate large enough to get a Blu-ray Disc as the week's winner. That way it all stays anonymous.

I will also award the final winners some more substantial swag and prizes that I can mail out from CES next January or find some way to anonymously send to the winners of the campaign.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
As will I. Only fair to wait till Kosty gets the data from his friends at HMM.
Don't you two have anything better to do that personally attack me all the time and be disruptive and rude all the time?

I really do not care about the "win". Its only a poll here.

As a matter of fact, I will participate but I reserve the right not to vote until the last minute or until I feel comfortable with things or whenever I want to based on the data that arrives publicly.

The reason I am closing the poll when I am is that is before the date that Home Media Magazine will receive the sales revenue estimates for this week anyway, so one again you two do not know what the hell you are talking about in your accusations anyway.

I will not vote if something happens that I do get the final numbers in advance or if I do I will certainly make that fact known in an explanatory post.

To aid others as I gather information during the week, I may very well post where I think things might be based on the Wednesday HMM narrative, the Nielsen Videoscan first alert report, any trade publication articles or reports or any other data or discussion here or elsewhere at this site or others.

I am just alerting others that may want to wait for my guess that it probably will come in later in the week and will not be the earliest one posted in most circumstances. I may change that from time to time just to have fun, but as a matter of routine, I do not want to be the first poster as that may tend to influence other votes at first and I do not want to do that all the time.

Do not get hung up on how or what I vote here as its only a poll and most of the time I am not going to have any more information that what we openly discuss right here each week.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Kosty. Why do you think I is a personal attack? We are only bringing up the truth about your poll history. How fun is a poll when the guy creating it is going to wait till the very end so that he canget the most info from his sources? You have insider contacts. How do we know you will not use those to your advantage?

As far as prizes? What fanboy on a website puts up his own money for a prize where most of the participants will probably be D&Grs in his opinion? I mean if you are being genuine about it I think it's a very nice gesture. But you have slowly built up a reputation here that is very questionable. I'm sorry but that's the way I see it. I won't be participating in these polls of yours.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 PM

I'll wait until Gizmo and Malanthius and company vote so they don't just copy mine.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Kosty. Why do you think I is a personal attack? We are only bringing up the truth about your poll history. How fun is a poll when the guy creating it is going to wait till the very end so that he canget the most info from his sources? You have insider contacts. How do we know you will not use those to your advantage?

As far as prizes? What fanboy on a website puts up his own money for a prize where most of the participants will probably be D&Grs in his opinion? I mean if you are being genuine about it I think it's a very nice gesture. But you have slowly built up a reputation here that is very questionable. I'm sorry but that's the way I see it. I won't be participating in these polls of yours.
I do not brag about my poll results in most cases nor bring my guesses up years later as some sort of a personal attack as you or GizmoDVD do all the time.

Just ignore my guess if you want to. I am personally choosing to wait in most cases to post, so I do not influence the early voting. That is my choice. I am not worried about when I vote or if my guess is wrong here at all. Its only a poll or series of polls.

What advantage do I get again for "winning the poll" anyway? I am not going to ship out a prize to myself anyway.

What sort of a person spends countless hours talking about something he considers to be a failure or worries about someone being more accurate on a Internet poll than he can be because of more accurate information or sources anyway? That's just weird. Why would it bother you that I would tend to be more accurate in the long term if that would be the case anyway?

I am guessing like everyone else here anyway even if I do have more information available as no one really knows how the specific weeks will turn out ahead of time anyway. Lots of variables on a week to week basis can influence things.

I get a lot of swag from trade shows etc and I might as well put some of it to good use. A $5-$10 prize for paypal or Amazon or something like that is trivial amount for me and if it helps some participation and some sense of fun here why not? The idea of a weekly prize was brought up last year and I think its a good idea and will be fun. i'd gladly donate a token amount to do it if it is fun as its trivial compared to the value of my time that I freely donate here all the time.

I do not worry about my reputation at all here or yours for that matter.

You do not have to participate in these polls or post in this thread or any other here at this site. Your choice. Your loss as well.

Of course , if you do not want to participate or discuss the weekly sales then you do not have to bother the rest of us here with you off topic BS and thread jacking either.

Last edited by Kosty; 09-12-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
I'll wait until Gizmo and Malanthius and company vote so they don't just copy mine.
You know I might just vote when the whim strikes me to keep them guessing.

What do you think of the idea of a weekly winner getting something like a $5-$10 paypal certificate for being the closest of the three polls for the week? That way I can award it and someone can claim it and still stay anonymous.

1) HMM Blu-ray revenues
2) The-Numbers Blu-ray revenues for the leading title
3) HMM Blu-ray revenue share.

I may on some weeks also create a poll for the marketshare of the leading title and of the Top 20 Sellers Blu-ray unit marketshare, but I think the three above will be the routine ones for the remaining 19 weeks of the year + first week after New Years for 20 weeks in the campaign.

Last edited by Kosty; 09-12-2011 at 03:21 PM.