CEDIA 2011 - Any requests for personal observations of any home theater technology? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2011, 08:05 PM

Question CEDIA 2011 - Any requests for personal observations of any home theater technology?

Once again as I do every year, I will be personally attending the CEDIA Expo in Indianapolis next week September 7-10, 2011.

I pretty much will be there for the entire show from Wednesday through Saturday.

This is the fall event for showcase all sort of home theater electronics, HDTVs 3D technology, front projectors, home theater, home audio etc.

I'd like to crowd source here some thoughts of what I should look for on the show floor.

I have a lot of events and meetings and to dos to manage but since I will be there for the entire event I can take some time for personal observations anyone might want.

If there is anything anyone would care to get my personal observations on at CEDIA 2011 or any specific trends or technology you would want to make sure I look at or booth I should stop in and see post here or PM me with details.

The more specific you can be the better and booth ID numbers or general or specific details are appreciated.

My posting next week will be limited as well but I will try to post up any responses here when I can.

Thanks.

Here is some show and exhibitor info.

http://cedia11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/s...arch=exhibitor

http://www.cedia.net/expo/expo11.att.register.php

Last edited by Kosty; 09-05-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 PM

I was wondering if there might be any exhibits on OLED's? Hopefully some that go up to 1080p and are at least 40".
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
I was wondering if there might be any exhibits on OLED's? Hopefully some that go up to 1080p and are at least 40".
I think so. Can you search the CEDIA site or do some research to see what companies are still moving on that technology?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 PM

Just where 3D is going...

I imagine more passive stuff is going to be coming out; integration with android OS or something along those lines possibly, although most stuff runs of Linux or something along those lines.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbert View Post
Just where 3D is going...

I imagine more passive stuff is going to be coming out; integration with android OS or something along those lines possibly, although most stuff runs of Linux or something along those lines.
I saw a passive 3D display when I was in Japan a couple of months ago and I wasn't that impressed. Perhaps it wasn't really running much 3D content either.
Sony's booth is 1803 Kosty and I couldn't manage to find LG listed, who has a 720p 15" OLED going on right now.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Try Sony's new 3D OLED visor. Sony will be at booth #1803.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOahaGvsdU

I don't really have any specific questions about it, but what's known so far:

720p
Headphones
No crosstalk
Simulates a gigantic screen
Calibrates based on the spacing between your eyes
Is comfortable with eyeglasses
Weighs less than a pound
Has HDMI passthrough
Will be 60k yen
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Banned

This is totally Smackdown worthy!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
This is totally Smackdown worthy!!!
I have done the same thing for years now.

Others may appreciate it and it helps me out as well so why does it bother you so?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
I saw a passive 3D display when I was in Japan a couple of months ago and I wasn't that impressed. Perhaps it wasn't really running much 3D content either.
Sony's booth is 1803 Kosty and I couldn't manage to find LG listed, who has a 720p 15" OLED going on right now.
Every year it gets better. The Sony and Panasonic demos at CES 2011 were showing some signs of significant improvement with passive but LGs stuff and Vizeo made great progress.

I'm looking forward to seeing some non glasses 3D technology as well.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
Try Sony's new 3D OLED visor. Sony will be at booth #1803.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOahaGvsdU

I don't really have any specific questions about it, but what's known so far:

720p
Headphones
No crosstalk
Simulates a gigantic screen
Calibrates based on the spacing between your eyes
Is comfortable with eyeglasses
Weighs less than a pound
Has HDMI passthrough
Will be 60k yen
Thanks. I just got a press release on that and will be of interest to some folks I know as well.

Thank you for pointing that out. I will make sure to see it and I probably will get a private one on one demo as well as I have been already invited for a demo session.