Am I up to date on why Blu-ray will fail? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 AM

Default Am I up to date on why Blu-ray will fail?

IIRC, three years ago, it was going to lose tp HD DVD due to manufacturing costs and maybe Internet features and Dolby Digital Plus. The, DVD was good enough, especially with this amazing new upscaling tech that was about to come out. Then, people weren't going to waste time going to the store and space in their house when they could just download movies. Now, the whole movie industry is in the crapper and taking Blu-ray with it. Did I miss anything?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 AM

You are confused. Let me get you up to date.

Bluray won the war with HDDVD because of the PS3. Warner was the deciding factor there and they used sales numbers that were created by a game system to make their decision.

DVD is good enough for most people out there. That's why catalog sales are so bad. Something that was needed for Bluray to replace DVD as a successful successor. And not just a successor. You can look to Kostys charts for proof of this. Steep declines in a huge DVD market vs painfully slow and already leveling gains in a small Bluray market.

Streaming seem to be the real future. And although still small and having hurdles to cross it looks like people are more interested in buying Bluray players now for streaming. Disc seems so 2005. People are moving to the future.

Cheaper rentals out there with kiosk services like redbox make it less smart to run out and buy a movie that most will only watch once or twice. They learned this looking at their DVD collections.

Internet based applications and social media are taking up the younger generations interest these days. They are who was needed to buy all these Bluray discs. They seem more interested in letting their friends know what they are doing at this very moment than plopped down on the couch watching a Bluray. Plus they have all those DVDs their parents collected.

The studios are not taking Bluray down with it. They are going down because Bluray failed to continue DVDs popularity and become the next cash cow for them. Without that income there is less money to go around. Less money for movies to be made. Less money to put efforts in more Bluray releases. Less money period.

Hope this clears things up.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Ace . . . one of THE worst cases of BAITING I have seen in a long time. I really thought you would be above something like this. Guess I pegged you wrong.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Ace . . . one of THE worst cases of BAITING I have seen in a long time. I really thought you would be above something like this. Guess I pegged you wrong.
Hahahaha.

This, coming from the biggest master baiter of all times.

Classic shit here.

:shamebag1: :yay: :yay: :joker:
Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboi999 View Post
Hahahaha.

This, coming from the biggest master baiter of all times.

Classic shit here.

:shamebag1: :yay: :yay: :joker:
What happened? You get Perma-Banned from Bluray.com? You have a great post history here. Surprised they haven't kicked your ass out of here - the troll that you are.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
What happened? You get Perma-Banned from Bluray.com? You have a great post history here. Surprised they haven't kicked your ass out of here - the troll that you are.
Well he's lucky. It isn't Nazi Germany here like where he comes from.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
I guess if anyone should know about that, it would be you. :yay: :yay:

I remember when you tried to join over there and everyone pretty much revolted and said hell no. Kind of reminds me of what's going on in Libya with Gadhafi. :yay:
Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
I guess if anyone should know about that, it would be you. :yay: :yay:

I remember when you tried to join over there and everyone pretty much revolted and said hell no. Kind of reminds me of what's going on in Libya with Gadhafi. :yay:
LMAO!

What the fuck are you talking about? I AM a member in good standing at Bluray.com and have never been banned. I just never posted again after I started that congratulations thread and it ran it's course over 3 years ago. Never went back to the forums after that.

So not only are you a troll but a liar too.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
LMAO!

What the fuck are you talking about? I AM a member in good standing at Bluray.com and have never been banned. I just never posted again after I started that congratulations thread and it ran it's course

So not only are you a troll but a liar too.
Whatever gets you through the day Lee. Whatever gets you through it. Believe what you want.

Appropriate the latest tropical storm is named Lee. Slow moving, full of wind, and tends to wet everywhere it goes.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Whatever gets you through the day Lee. Whatever gets you through it. Believe what you want.

Appropriate the latest tropical storm is named Lee. Slow moving, full of wind, and tends to wet everywhere it goes.
Your memory stinks. Were you even part of that thread?

Nice resume - a lying troll with a lousy memory :shamebag1: :blackeye3: