Warner, Sony Back New Social Networking Movie Download Service - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Arrow Warner, Sony Back New Social Networking Movie Download Service

Warner, Sony Back New Social Networking Movie Download Service

Quote:
Upstart movie rental and electronic sellthrough platform www.Flickme.com launched Aug. 30, featuring thousands of catalog titles from Warner Bros. Digital Distribution and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

San Mateo, Calif.-based Flickme separates itself from the transactional VOD field by incorporating users’ social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter into its platform. New users can create memberships and log on through their Facebook or Twitter accounts.

More importantly, new users can share their movie rental discounts with up to 10 social network friends.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/dow...-service-24928
Old 08-31-2011, 05:01 PM

If Bluray is doing so well, why do studios continue to do such things that will only negitivly affect Bluray sales?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

For older catalog titles, it's $9.99 to own and $2.99 to rent them. Or $16.99 to own or $3.99 for newer titles.

LOL - those prices suck.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malanthius View Post
If Bluray is doing so well, why do studios continue to do such things that will only negitivly affect Bluray sales?
Uh, because a large amount of consumers want other options? Are you really that thick? I truly believe you are stuck in some bizarro world where you think consumers only want a single choice and that studios should only provide one, single means as a way to sell their wares. What the hell is wrong with selling a movie on blu ray AND selling it online for someone to own digitally? Do you not see that is where things are headed? The days of being forced to buy a movie on one type of format is over..You need to get with it.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Uh, because a large amount of consumers want other options? Are you really that thick? I truly believe you are stuck in some bizarro world where you think consumers only want a single choice and that studios should only provide one, single means as a way to sell their wares. What the hell is wrong with selling a movie on blu ray AND selling it online for someone to own digitally? Do you not see that is where things are headed? The days of being forced to buy a movie on one type of format is over..You need to get with it.
LMAO! Thank you. I will use this to get my point across to the BDT from now on. Then I'll just say I got it from you and let them take it up with you. I've been trying to tell them this for years. Sorry my sarcasm went over your head.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
LMAO! Thank you. I will use this to get my point across to the BDT from now on. Then I'll just say I got it from you and let them take it up with you. I've been trying to tell them this for years. Sorry my sarcasm went over your head.
Fine by me. Your sarcasm sucks, as it is indifferent from your normal whining about blu ray. Get a new schtick, and maybe it will be more apparent next time.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Because they are trying a lot of new things in digital and cloud based services to see what works and so they can grow over time? Its all green money.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Fine by me. Your sarcasm sucks, as it is indifferent from your normal whining about blu ray. Get a new schtick, and maybe it will be more apparent next time.
LOL I thought it was his normal whining as well. :biggrin:
Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Game Smackdown must be really boring this month, eh?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Shows how little you listen to Kosty and others, who have been saying this for months if not years in regards to combo packs and Ultraviolet.