New Ultraviolet Promo Video - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM

Default New Ultraviolet Promo Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA02l...e_gdata_player

Looks interesting...we shall see...
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM

Great video. Looks promising.

BTW the mention in the video for packaged media tie in with UltraViolet was only mentioning with Blu-ray, DVD was pointedly missing.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Banned

Duh. They need to bundle it with Blu-ray to help sell discs. Everything will be one SKU soon enough. I've been saying this for a while now.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Banned

It makes sense to bundle UltraViolet with Blu-ray. The studios have a vested interest in moving people to BD.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 AM

LOL...soooo its basically going to do what my HTPC was doing 5 years ago?

Ok. Thanks Ultra Violet. ROFL.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:43 AM

great video??
Old 08-16-2011, 08:04 AM

Great find Towergrove, thanks for posting it. Any idea whether it's going to be broadcast or is it just an online thing?

I think it's good we're finally starting to see some indication of a marketing push, although I think they could have done the "logo swarm" a bit better, pushed the digital side a bit more by including some well-known digital names like Netflix and Vudu.

*edit* - Ah, I think I see why some big names are missing - if you drill through to their website it looks like they made the video back in October, likely before some of those other companies joined up.

Ray Von

Last edited by Ray Von; 08-16-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Von View Post
Great find Towergrove, thanks for posting it. Any idea whether it's going to be broadcast or is it just an online thing?

I think it's good we're finally starting to see some indication of a marketing push, although I think they could have done the "logo swarm" a bit better, pushed the digital side a bit more by including some well-known digital names like Netflix and Vudu.

*edit* - Ah, I think I see why some big names are missing - if you drill through to their website it looks like they made the video back in October, likely before some of those other companies joined up.

Ray Von
Yeah, someone told me that it was an older video too. *sigh*

Still I like it.

I expect we will see more in a month or so, but I do not expect much in the way of broadcast advertising or even point of sale video loops this fall. Maybe the BDA Blu-ray quarterly promotional video will have some UV tag to it.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

"The Savior of HOME VIDEO is HERE. Ultra Violet! take your movies anywhere! It's just like DIGITAL COPIES, but you can stream them using up your precious 2GB Cellphone cap in mere hours!".
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM

If its a better version of a digital copy I'm all for it.

If it helps sell some more Blu-ray or makes more money for the studios in other ways so they can keep making fancy new movies I'm all for it too.

My goodness man, why would you want to belittle something mikemorel PSound and I can agree on? :biggrin: