ESPN Spruces Up Live Sports Service On Microsoft Xbox - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Banned

Default ESPN Spruces Up Live Sports Service On Microsoft Xbox

I have to applaud the companies like ESPN and HBO who are actively laying the ground work for delivery their services outside of a cable/satt set top box.

Consumers get to subscribe to what they want (and only what they want).

Quote:
ESPN will launch a redesign of its live-streaming sports service on Microsoft's Xbox 360 game console on Aug. 25 -- timed for the start of the college football season -- with enhanced personalization and navigation features.

Through a deal ESPN and Microsoft struck in June 2010, broadband subscribers of Internet service providers that offer ESPN3.com are able to access hundreds of live sporting events on their Xbox 360 console through the Xbox Live subscription service. That includes more than 400 regular season college football games and 31 bowl games.

New features in next month's ESPN on Xbox Live upgrade include a split-screen function to watch two events at once; a refined voice control through Microsoft's Kinect controller for the Xbox that provides skip, play, pause and rewind functions; and a "My Sports" section to let users pick their favorite sports and teams to provide a personalized feed of news and highlights.

"The new ESPN on Xbox Live is going to the take the sports viewing experience to the next level," ESPN vice president of games and partnerships Raphael Poplock said. "By putting fans in control through better personalization and interactive features, we're able to deliver live events, highlights and more from ESPN in unique and innovative ways."
http://www.multichannel.com/article/...osoft_Xbox.php
Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Is this SD or HD? I understand you're streaming's number one cheerleader, but so much of this is standard def that I'm really starting to wonder why this is being posted in a high def forum? Not only that, but where is the smackdown? Colour me confused...
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_9999 View Post
Is this SD or HD? I understand you're streaming's number one cheerleader, but so much of this is standard def that I'm really starting to wonder why this is being posted in a high def forum? Not only that, but where is the smackdown? Colour me confused...
This is about how HD content is going to be delivered in the mid and long term.

But the short answer is, Yes. HD.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:03 PM

Smackdown?