Netflix Gets ‘Glee’ Streams - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Default Netflix Gets ‘Glee’ Streams

Quote:
Netflix April 1 said it is streaming episodes from the first season of “Glee” to its monthly subscribers.

The popular musical comedy-drama television series, which is currently airing its second season on Fox TV, was nominated for 19 Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, and six Satellite Awards, among 57 other awards. The first season won a Golden Globe for Best TV Comedy and Emmy awards for Jane Lynch, and guest-star Neil Patrick Harris.

In a blog post, Ted Sarandos, chief content officer for the Los Gatos, Calif.-based online disc rental pioneer, said the arrangement with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment also included the first two seasons of FX’s “Sons of Anarchy.” Separately, Sarandos said Netflix would begin streaming for the first time episodes of “Ally McBeal” and “The Wonder Years.”

The Fox shows are an expansion of a previous deal that included streaming-only access to “Prison Break,” “Arrested Development,” X-Files,” “24,” and “Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” among others.
Quote:
"Our expanded non-exclusive streaming arrangement with Netflix maintains Fox’s flexibility to effectively manage both the content we offer, and the appropriate window of availability relative to our other distribution partnerships," said Peter Levinsohn, president of new media and digital distribution for Fox Filmed Entertainment.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/net...-streams-23519
Old 04-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Wonder Years? Niiiiiiice!

Netflix got tons of CBS shows today too. No fooling.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM

That's great that they got the Wonder Years. I was under the impression that rights issues with a lot of the music in the show made it impossible to release on DVD. I guess streaming is lumped in with television syndication as far as that goes then.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

It currenty airs Oxygen though I think it's heavily cut. I watched it back on Ion and it wasn't as bad.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:43 PM

Wonder years on Netflix! Shirley this must be an April fools joke?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:34 PM

PSound I think to cut down on all these threads about Netflix why don't the mods create sticky for all news related to Netflix. Would make a lot more sense then posting a new thread for what amounts to news. This thread has no reason to be in smackdown whatsoever.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

Nope. There are tons of Blu-ray threads even with little news.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggawhat View Post
PSound I think to cut down on all these threads about Netflix why don't the mods create sticky for all news related to Netflix. Would make a lot more sense then posting a new thread for what amounts to news. This thread has no reason to be in smackdown whatsoever.
Considering that Netflix streaming content is often discussed in smackdown as reasons against Digital Distribution, I believe it to be relevant.

If we can go several months without someone knocking Netflix streaming selection then you are correct... it would probably not be needed in smackdown anymore.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 PM

This would make more sense to be in a stickied post for all Netflix related matters.

This one news item is not worthy of it's own thread and I imagine others would agree.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

Neither do all the positive Blu-ray threads either. One thread?