I have a simple question for everyone here... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-06-2007, 10:11 PM

Default I have a simple question for everyone here...

Why is it so important to some of you that one format "wins" and the other dies? The way some of you act is childish, juvenile, divisive and ignorant.

There is, in my estimation, no need for this kind of mindset.

I will continue buying discs on both Blu-Ray and HD DVD and I will be watching all the movies I want while many of you continue to complain and attack the other side.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 PM

People dont want to get 2 players, they want all movies available on one format.
That the format benefits are maxed out, like bit rates and space.

Childish hate for sony
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 PM

people want to use the dead carcass of the losing player as a pedistal to stand on

and childish hatred of microsoft
Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 PM

It really gets old. I wish I knew a sight to find release dates and news on like this one only without all this stupid drama. It gets old, really old.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I'm not concerned by which format wins, I just get sick of mostly Blu-ray fanboys trying to make Blu-ray good news look earth shattering, and HD DVD good news look very negative.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I'm not concerned by which format wins, I just get sick of mostly Blu-ray fanboys trying to make Blu-ray good news look earth shattering, and HD DVD good news look very negative.
Isnt it also vice versa? I mean I dont care one way or another if both formats are around, but all this trash has to stop.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 PM

Sometimes I wish they would do away with the smackdown forum & just have a Blu-ray forum & HD DVD forum with no bashing from either side.

You know if you have a smackdown forum alot of threads are going to get ugly.

I also hope something will be done to clean it up. You can give your opinion without getting personal.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Yes it also is vice versa, but Blu-ray fanboys tend to do this more often from what I've seen. This trash definetely has to stop though, I get head aches while in this smackdown thread.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
Sometimes I wish they would do away with the smackdown forum & just have a Blu-ray forum & HD DVD forum with no bashing from either side.

You know if you have a smackdown forum alot of threads are going to get ugly.

I also hope something will be done to clean it up. You can give your opinion without getting personal.
I think it would be easier to come to these forums if there was no more smackdown forum. At least in the way of reading new news about either format.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 PM

The sad thing is that the most up-to-date news tends to get posted in here and then the threads are routinely turned into a bucket of piss by the usual suspects with the usual arguments. It's the nature of the beast.

There's nothing stopping folk from posting news articles from here in the more civilised areas of the forum for a more adult discussion.

Regarding the OP, I think a lot of the posters here are wind-up merchants, you usually find trolls will descend upon a place when a free forum gives them a place to wreak havoc. Other than that, I think there are some folk who tie their self esteem into the success of a format/system/film. Whilst there are copious examples from both sides the one that struck me most was the gloating from some folk when Spidey3 aced it at the box office. The gloating on display was quite nauseating, you'd honestly think that some of the posters here had actually made the damn film themselves!