Kosty is going to the CEDIA Expo (Atlanta Sep 23-26) Any wish lists? (play nice) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 AM

Question Kosty is going to the CEDIA Expo (Atlanta Sep 23-26) Any wish lists? (play nice)

Getting ready to go out to Atlanta this morning to the CEDIA EXPO. I'll be there all week.

Try to play nice while I'm traveling out on the convention floor and living large.

I'll be checking in from time to time, but my normal posting marathon and output will be limited for this week during the show.

Show info:

http://www.cedia.net/expo/index2010.php

If there is anything special you want me to look out for, post it in this thread below.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:20 AM

I recall Oppo and/or Vizio were working on separate initiatives to enable streaming app like functionality on all 2.0 profile players by utilizing bd-live. I'd be interested to know if they made any inroads.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mi View Post
I recall Oppo and/or Vizio were working on separate initiatives to enable streaming app like functionality on all 2.0 profile players by utilizing bd-live. I'd be interested to know if they made any inroads.
You mean like using the BD-Live portal to create apps that the CE's don't advertise on the box (i.e. Pandora for Panasonic). That would be pretty sweet. I'd love a Hulu/Amazon Unbox app for my LG BD players.

Kosty, can you see if LG has pricing on the new BD 3D HTIBs they announced last week? I'm guessing $800 will be the MSRP, but I can't find much info regarding them.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Yeah that was something I believe both companies were trying to do. I think BD Live has been a ... to be charitable, head scratcher ... and hindsight being 20-20, the BDA should've developed it as a tool to create apps, not to create title specific content that ends up being worthless. A Universal studios portal on the player that doesn't require I put in a specific Universal blu-ray disc seems to me to make more sense than the streaming that has to be put on any universal title (if there is room, and what if there are updates to the software? etc.).
Old 09-22-2010, 02:41 PM

Kosty, can you report back on the home theater projector market? Upcoming models, LED, and 3D news would be great. Probably will be in the market for a new PJ in the next 12-18 months.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
Kosty, can you report back on the home theater projector market? Upcoming models, LED, and 3D news would be great. Probably will be in the market for a new PJ in the next 12-18 months.
Sony:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1277124

LG:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1274808

Digital Projection M-Vision Cine 400-3D

http://www.aboutprojectors.com/news/...-projector-at/

And JVC is supposed to show 3D PJ's.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
That will be a primary focus of mine and I will see everything in the front projector category that is a the show. Got you covered.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mi View Post
Will do. Thats of interest to me too.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:53 PM

I'll be on the show floor or in meetings the entire 4 days of the event from tomorrow morning through late Sunday afternoon.

Keep giving me directions and as specific as possible things to look for and I'll try to see all of your wish lists. If you can go to the CEDIA show website and give me company name or even better booth number for the smaller companies it would help also. But any thoughts are appreciated and no promises , as I'm quite busy during this week, but I will see what I can do.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

JVC will be announcing (3) new 3D Full HD projectors at CEDIA. here is a video on them (not all in English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMJ7...ayer_embedded#

Mitsubishi to unveil "Diamond 3D" 1080p Projector

http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...r&entry_id=347