Earnhardt Jr to be the Blu Ray pimp....hilarious! - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned

Default Earnhardt Jr to be the Blu Ray pimp....hilarious!

Nothing like reaching out to those trailer park, family tree not-forking, barely have electricity, maggots. Nascar fans arent into HD, they're into NO-D as in most of them probably dont even have TV sets.

Blu ray to them is what them sees at Church coming through the stained glass window when the sun is out.

At least Toshiba uses a pimp that will reach out to audiences with jobs and or careers. (Micheal Imperioli)

Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 AM

Already being discussed:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=10133

And posters have already been about the insults. Have you ever lived in the South? Besides, my dad and most of my family love it, and they're upper-middle-class Jews from Massachusetts.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
Already being discussed:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=10133

And posters have already been about the insults. Have you ever lived in the South? Besides, my dad and most of my family love it, and they're upper-middle-class Jews from Massachusetts.
Geesh, why even have the Smackdown forum then? You cant say anything.... this place is worse than the ACLU headquarters when trying to discuss religion.

No , never lived in the South. If you can sit there and watch Billboards with wheels drive in circles all day with NO racing, NO passing, caution after caution, commercials during the race, and only having 3 drivers that have any real chance of winning..... then thats great.

Ugh.....
Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Watcher of stances

stereotype much?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
stereotype much?
Lighten up guys..... its a smackdown forum. I was trying to razz ya and poke some fun at the good ol boys Nascar posse and everyones panties are in a knot. My freegin goodness.....

We should change the name of this area of the forum to: The HD DVD / Blu Ray "Be really nice and dont upset any backers of either format or make any fun of their choices. Be pleasant, cheerful, and giddy." er..... um....smackdown.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 AM

These threads were already closed TWICE the other day.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Lighten up guys..... its a smackdown forum. I was trying to razz ya and poke some fun at the good ol boys Nascar posse and everyones panties are in a knot. My freegin goodness.....
You're not smacking down a format. You're insulting people who you have no idea what they are really like because you've watched too many episodes of "Jerry Springer". News flash, Einstein: those are people being paid to act extreme. The nicest and, yes, some of the smartest people I've met come from all over the south. The stupidest and crudest, by far, was from Pittsburgh.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Nothing like reaching out to those trailer park, family tree not-forking, barely have electricity, maggots. Nascar fans arent into HD, they're into NO-D as in most of them probably dont even have TV sets.

Blu ray to them is what them sees at Church coming through the stained glass window when the sun is out.

At least Toshiba uses a pimp that will reach out to audiences with jobs and or careers. (Micheal Imperioli)

Speak for yourself man! Not all Nascar fans are trailer trash. FYI: Im a Engineer and love Nascar in HD. Watch it on Fox, TNT and ESPN all the time. Sony just grabbed a sports icon and Blu-Ray will get more attention from Nascar than Toshiba's King Kong guy. Imperioli sounds like a dork anyway! " My Toshiba H-D-D-V-D player looks amazing, duuuhh, I watch my own movies and they look great." - - - What a prick!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 AM

This is an interesting move . . . but I don't know if it's going to have much of an effect. I'm not taking home theater advice from an athlete, no matter what sport. I guess the BDA assumes because he's popular, he'll say the product - a logical assumption, but you do usually try to match the person to the product you're selling. I'd buy a car from him! Not a high def player, though.

HD DVD has the better idea, to me: capitalize on the final season of Sopranos by enlisting one of their cast. What would really work is if they advertised the shit out of Heroes Season 1 - I think THAT show is definitely popular enough to attract some customers over to the HD DVD side.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Its really sad that people continue to post in this thread. Especially considering Bears comments in the first version.
Closed Thread