Universals $210 mill 'Evan Almighty' Falls To Its Knees Friday - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:21 PM

ok, WTF was universal THINKING?! why on earth would they budget that much for this movie! I'm really starting to question them lately. Shoddy hd-dvd releases and now this? I sure hope they can redeem themselves with the newest borne movie.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Sorry ...I couldn't help myself ...I wanted to show that image again.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Formerly Delta_FX

Wow, that's pathetic.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 PM

This is telling, you cant boast about a film thats not even out yet. Like what many fanboys have done. I wonder if the religion part harmed it as well the reviews
Old 06-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Looks like 'Evan' could end up with less money than 'Knocked Up'!

A disaster for Universal. They had already lowered their weekend estimate to $40 million and now $35 million for the weekend seems more likely.

Universal need some big hits if they are going to compete with the Blu-ray blockbusters we all know will be coming - Oh, yes, HD DVD fanboys, they WILL be here in time for Christmas.

All that I can see left for Uni is 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry' - another comedy - and 'The Bourne Ultimatum'.

Of those two 'Bourne' has the best chance of doing something, but time is running out. Could Universal be going into the biggest selling season with ZERO major hits?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozziwig View Post
Looks like 'Evan' could end up with less money than 'Knocked Up'!

A disaster for Universal. They had already lowered their weekend estimate to $40 million and now $35 million for the weekend seems more likely.

Universal need some big hits if they are going to compete with the Blu-ray blockbusters we all know will be coming - Oh, yes, HD DVD fanboys, they WILL be here in time for Christmas.

All that I can see left for Uni is 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry' - another comedy - and 'The Bourne Ultimatum'.

Of those two 'Bourne' has the best chance of doing something, but time is running out. Could Universal be going into the biggest selling season with ZERO major hits?

I think The Bourne Ultimatum will be $ 130mill pluss at the Boxoffice.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:58 PM

another bullet to add to the list of crappy news for HD DVD fan boys in the past two weeks....

wasn't this movie going to provide a huge boost to the HD DVD libary later this year???
Old 06-23-2007, 04:02 PM

Jeez HD-DVD cant catch a break, bad news after bad news, I guess the Gambler's Ruin phenomenon is true...
Closed Thread