High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   High Definition Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown-6/)
-   -   You have Both HD and BluRay what do you like better and Why (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown/27742-you-have-both-hd-bluray-what-do-you-like-better-why.html)

ScorpionKingCT 11-28-2007 10:37 AM

You have Both HD and BluRay what do you like better and Why

You have Both HD and BluRay what do you like better and Why.
This can open up a can of worms. I am in the smackdown section, lets go!

Post what you like better HD or Blu-Ray and Why.

Take the poll if you own both and what format you like better. Notice in the poll I did not put, I like both or equally the same. I want to know which one you would rather watch. Or lets say their was a Warner Release, or a release on both formats, which format would you get if you own both?

ScoBro828 11-28-2007 10:52 AM

BluRay. There are some really cool things about HD but if I can buy the release on both formats I would buy it on BluRay before HD.

defbunny 11-28-2007 11:27 AM

HDDVD at the moment. The region free aspect and the price of the players. If Bluray was region free or a decent affordable player comes along which can be made region free I will buy it for the exclusive content on Bluray and be pretty much indifferent about either format.

Solstice X 11-28-2007 11:36 AM

I prefer blu better. And now that it has 1.1 there should be no contest plus most of my favorite movies come from blu studios.

Nightraven 11-28-2007 11:39 AM

HD-DVD, I like the remote better :)

Pyrochaos 11-28-2007 11:42 AM

(I made this thread a while back, but it fell)

HD DVD for me. Region Free is big, some extras, and some of my all time favorites are on HD DVD.

I still buy Blu, but choose HD DVD for the Warner releases.

Rob.D.inToronto 11-28-2007 11:48 AM

I'm watching the ST:TOS season 1 HD DVD. Some of those episodes I have seen at least four dozen times but now I can watch them with the fancy Genesis PiP, or Tech PiP or Starfleet Acadamy PiP really got me bouncing.

I watched "Where No Man has gone before", which actually wasn't a favorite episode of mine with all the PiP on. And the little factoids, and the current date interviews with the stars and their backend anecdotes made it worthwhile.

You Just Cannot Do That With BD.

I'm sorry, but unless they're going to encode the piece THREE TIMES (one for regular, one for Genesis, one for tech etc:) then you simply must admit that it Cannot be done.

One day it might be possible. Not now.

Next, Shrek 3. The online Pop Up Trivia. I actually enjoy the movie MORE with that on. And the Trivia has changed since the release date and last weekend. Some items have dropped, some are new.

I live for those extras.

xradman 11-28-2007 11:50 AM

Less obnoxious fanboys and arrogant insiders

spicynacho 11-28-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrochaos (Post 475885)
HD DVD for me. Region Free is big, some extras, and some of my all time favorites are on HD DVD.

ROFL, I know you are purple so this isn't a knock against you but...
I love how the HD DVD fanboys say the US is the only market that matters and then they say region free is a big benefit of HD DVD.

Dr_Gonzo 11-28-2007 12:00 PM

HD DVD > I believe it will win the war so I rather have a lot of HD DVDs. Also, in my taste HD DVD has the best titles out.