Who is the most disappointing high definition studio so far? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
You mest be a blu-ray supporter because troy and smallville looked leaps and bounds better than fifth element
Fifth Element was remastered and received a 4.5/5 score on PQ from this very site, and for those who purchased the discontinued version, Sony offers a free disc exchange.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Ha i guarantee most consumers will have a tv and a high def media player thats it so lossless is useless to J6P unless he's a buff but if he was he would already have bought into a format, and Pirates was caught so late, whats stopping other people catching disney movies late, and are you comparing Catalogue titles to disney new realeases? give me a break
J6P didn't have 5.1 systems when DVD launched either. Anyway, I didn't even mention lossless sound before you replied to me so I have no idea why you are ranting at me about it.

Disney made an error with POTC:COTBP and they are correcting it. Other studios have made more errors. In recent weeks, Paramount pulled the Jack Ryan box set because they pulled the extras, Warner dropped the theatrical cut of Eyes Wide Shut and neglected to change the packaging, Fox are not releasing Die Hard 4.0 unrated etc, etc. What I'm saying is that a couple of minor misframes on POTC (that will be corrected and exchanged) aren't going to change the fact that Disney are the classiest act in HD.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstitial View Post
For me, it's a 3 way tie between Weinstein, New Line and Fox.

Weinstein for being invisible on either format since early this year.
New Line for being so late in the game and holding out on the "Holy grail" of HD.
Fox for being so pricey on their catalog titles.
I agree on Weinstein and Fox being the worst as Wienstien hasnt announced anything in awhile and Fox keeps delaying titles..but New Line is doing pretty awesome for just getting in the format war less than 2 weeks ago..they already announced 5 of their new titles on both format..you cant blame them to go to the next level..im just disappointed they is a month delay between HDDVD and Bluray.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:20 PM

Fox, IMO, is the easily the worst studio.

Best would be Buena Vista.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Sony is by far the worst.complaints of poor PQ and lack of older titles from Sony.this shouldn't happen from a company that created blu-ray. WB is middle of the road. goodfellas is a little too dark for me but superman the movie , never looked better.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradark buckshot View Post
top notch huh? you must be an hd dvd supporter. even the old fifth element is better than smallville or troy. and lossless doesn't matter? stick with dvd man. life will be much simpler for you.
I found nothing wrong Troy: Director's Cut.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
I'm not that cotroversial you know.
No, it's just that it's rare when you and I agree or almost agree on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
Quite surprised you find Sony better on average than Warner. My main issue with Warner is that they have not been utilising BD to the max by adding lossless sound to their BD releases but on the plus side they have been releasing top quality catalogue product. That has nudged them marginally ahead of Sony in my view, who I've marked down for their early mistakes and reluctance to raid the vaults. When it comes to new releases, both are superb though.
I didn't, I moved Warner ahead of Sony in quality in my rating. I suspected your issue with Warner is that you have only seen their BD releases. While I've also seen a few Warner releases on BD, I've seen all their releases I want to see on HD DVD, including several that BD only owners don't have the opportunity to see - The Matrix Trilogy, Batman Begins, etc. are outstanding.

ANd since I sold my PS3 in September, I haven't seen any BD's since, but Sony IMHO was improving with each new release. I just don't care for a great deal of their content. The Covenant (a rental) looked & sounded terrific, but was such a dreadfully stupid movie I couldn't watch it all the way through.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyz123 View Post
Fifth Element was remastered and received a 4.5/5 score on PQ from this very site, and for those who purchased the discontinued version, Sony offers a free disc exchange.
took them a year to finally do it though, why release it in the first place? just so you can say you released a movie?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
took them a year to finally do it though, why release it in the first place? just so you can say you released a movie?
Ah will you knock it off already? That is yesterdays news. Move on. The worst studio so far is Weinstein. Where the fuck are they?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 PM

I'm giving Paramount for the Lame Ass Excuses award.
Transformers(not enough room for True HD) Bullshit look at Troy(Directors cut).
Jack Ryan (The Unspecial Edition)

Why can they say we fucked up and have some lazy ass tech guys.