High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   High Definition Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown-6/)
-   -   WB= the second neutral studio to take advantage of Blu-ray's specs. (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown/11048-wb%3D-second-neutral-studio-take-advantage-blu-rays-specs.html)

93xfan 07-03-2007 11:39 PM

WB= the second neutral studio to take advantage of Blu-ray's specs.
 
rather than releasing Smallville on 5 discs (like the HDDVD version), it'll be on 4. sure, not everyone cares, but it's certainly a welcome feature. i always hated having a ton discs when trying to rewatch my favorite episodes.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ay,_HD_DVD/740

polyh3dron 07-03-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93xfan (Post 186359)
rather than releasing Smallville on 5 discs (like the HDDVD version), it'll be on 4. sure, not everyone cares, but it's certainly a welcome feature. i always hated having a ton discs when trying to rewatch my favorite episodes.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ay,_HD_DVD/740

That's funny, because they should only need 3 BDs.

30GB x 5 Discs = 150GB

150GB / 50GB = 3 BDs

Looks like Warner doesn't want to make HD DVD look THAT bad now.

Roshan 07-03-2007 11:51 PM

well they may had to split a movie in half that way they needed 4

I think it probably will save them money 4 instead of 5 disks

ack_bak 07-03-2007 11:52 PM

Wait.. I thought studios did not care about extra capacity and it was a myth...

93xfan 07-03-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyh3dron (Post 186368)
That's funny, because they should only need 3 BDs.

30GB x 5 Discs = 150GB

150GB / 50GB = 3 BDs

Looks like Warner doesn't want to make HD DVD look THAT bad now.

good point. i'd certainly take 3 discs. that'd be much more convenient than the DVD's 6 or 7 disc set.

93xfan 07-04-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshan (Post 186371)
well they may had to split a movie in half that way they needed 4

I think it probably will save them money 4 instead of 5 disks

yep, i'd say you figured it out.

Balian 07-04-2007 12:32 AM

I much rather have all the episodes of a season on one convenient BD-200 disc ...maybe a few years off perhaps.

93xfan 07-04-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balian (Post 186421)
I much rather have all the episodes of a season on one convenient BD-200 disc ...maybe a few years off perhaps.

that would be ideal!

BillythePuppet07 07-04-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93xfan (Post 186359)
rather than releasing Smallville on 5 discs (like the HDDVD version), it'll be on 4. sure, not everyone cares, but it's certainly a welcome feature. i always hated having a ton discs when trying to rewatch my favorite episodes.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ay,_HD_DVD/740

This is a worthless post. I promsie you most people could care less if it is on 4 or 5 discs. Maybe if it was on 4 and hd was on 15 it might be a issue. Otherwise it is really is just reaching for straws by blu.

mrkiller 07-04-2007 01:17 AM

wow, big deal, but you know , i love warner, they have 25 Exclusive movies on HD DVD, and True HD for most of their movies :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.