Warner's "Invasion" TV Spots Offer A New Twist In Warner Decision - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoela View Post

BTW, will Warner still be releasing it's titles on a combo disc??

This is getting more interesting..
By all appearances they are, which is why I'm still going to be buying HD DVD new releases from them. And on that note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai View Post
I was excited the day Warner declared themselves exclusively blu, but it seems incredibly unfair to delay the HD DVD movies. At least distribute them at the same time until you completely switch.

If you want to screw Toshiba, than leave immediately. However, don't make the consumers suffer.
Thank you. After hearing so much about how "nice" WB is being by doing this, I have to say I'm finding their staggered releasing really sadistic. Thanks to combo discs, there's zero question in my mind of which version I'd rather have. Three weeks of seeing a shiny Blu-ray case in stores isn't going to change my mind, just annoy the crap out of me.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
I was excited the day Warner declared themselves exclusively blu, but it seems incredibly unfair to delay the HD DVD movies. At least distribute them at the same time until you completely switch.

If you want to screw Toshiba, than leave immediately. However, don't make the consumers suffer.
Consumer suffer? Isnt the consumers fault for buying into a dead format? Its like me goiing and buying a original xbox and wondering where all the games are. Oh yea, nobody supports it anymore.

Plus, WB has to release the HD DVD because its in contract but it can release them however it wants.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:

Well that is a lot more fair than dropping pre-orders that customers were waiting for.

Who cares arbout VOD, I have that with DirecTV HD DVR.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmndrjamesbond View Post
Actually the commercial says:
"Available January 29th on DVD, Blu Ray, Hi Def DVD, and ON DEMAND!!!"
Nice try.
I haven't seen this particular ad, but all the ones I have seen do say "Blu ray Hi Def".
Old 01-23-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:

Sai, the HD DVDers could always switch to Blu-ray; then they wouldn't have to wait three weeks and would be able to get all the films they saw Blu having that HD DVD didn't.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Banned

I don't see the twist.

Perhaps someone could point it out to me, it still looks like Warner doesn't give a witches tit about HD-DVD.

Funny that.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 AM

well it would be false advertising if they said the hd-dvd was being released on the same day am i wrong?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoela View Post
Just have been seeing the media blitz for Warner's new DVD/HD DVD/Blu Ray release of the film "The Invasion".

As most of us know, Warner's kindly *delayed* the HD DVD release on this *winning* title, but if any of you have seen the spots on TV, there is something very interesting about what's being said and what's not.

What is being promo'd is interesting...

The spot says..."Available January 29th on DVD, Blu Ray Hi Def, and ON DEMAND!!!

Fuck, so HD DVD has been *replaced* by V O D !?

So, they *delayed* the HD DVD release to *make* room for Blu Ray or eh...ON DEMAND...?

Warner should just scrap the HD DVD release all together, everyone that has the slightest interest in this piece of **** remake will be wanting their $30 bucks back.

BTW, will Warner still be releasing it's titles on a combo disc??

This is getting more interesting..
i don't understand this post. are you being sarcastic?
and, did you just get your asterix key fixed on your keyboard or something?!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

the ad says "Available January 29th on DVD, Blu-ray High Def, and ON DEMAND."
Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
Consumer suffer? Isnt the consumers fault for buying into a dead format? Its like me goiing and buying a original xbox and wondering where all the games are. Oh yea, nobody supports it anymore.

Plus, WB has to release the HD DVD because its in contract but it can release them however it wants.
The last Xbox game was released in the dim, dead days of last August and there are a lot of games available, so I can't see buying one as being incredibly dumb. It's not a great analogy anyway, since they're still releasing movies on HD DVD, exclusive or otherwise (check out, oh, the subject of this very thread).

But never mind. What fascinates me is that you don't seem to be disagreeing that a release schedule like this could be interpreted as punishment, but you're saying "good, HD DVD owners deserved to be punished." I have to admit I haven't heard that particular analysis before. What's your problem, man?