High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   High Definition Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown-6/)
-   -   Warner's "Invasion" TV Spots Offer A New Twist In Warner Decision (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown/38519-warners-invasion-tv-spots-offer-new-twist-warner-decision.html)

gijoela 01-23-2008 12:17 AM

Warner's "Invasion" TV Spots Offer A New Twist In Warner Decision

Just have been seeing the media blitz for Warner's new DVD/HD DVD/Blu Ray release of the film "The Invasion".

As most of us know, Warner's kindly *delayed* the HD DVD release on this *winning* title, but if any of you have seen the spots on TV, there is something very interesting about what's being said and what's not.

What is being promo'd is interesting...

The spot says..."Available January 29th on DVD, Blu Ray Hi Def, and ON DEMAND!!!

Fuck, so HD DVD has been *replaced* by V O D !? :eek:

So, they *delayed* the HD DVD release to *make* room for Blu Ray or eh...ON DEMAND...?

Warner should just scrap the HD DVD release all together, everyone that has the slightest interest in this piece of **** remake will be wanting their $30 bucks back.

BTW, will Warner still be releasing it's titles on a combo disc??

This is getting more interesting..

Rayzor77 01-23-2008 12:18 AM

WB dumping HD DVD once and for all can't come soon enough

cmndrjamesbond 01-23-2008 12:23 AM

Actually the commercial says:
"Available January 29th on DVD, Blu Ray, Hi Def DVD, and ON DEMAND!!!"
Nice try.

illegalprelude 01-23-2008 12:25 AM

I love a good troll.

NovaKane 01-23-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayzor77 (Post 673297)

Especially if it hastens the demise of inanely speculative threads like this one.

How the OP could end his post with, "This is getting more interesting," when, in fact, there is nothing of interest to be garnered in the post. <:-|

D3lta 01-23-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayzor77 (Post 673297)

Well said!

cyberlaz 01-23-2008 12:28 AM

No way I am touching physical copy of this gem if it is on VOD same day as DVD.

Frankly 01-23-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberlaz (Post 673323)
No way I am touching physical copy of this gem if it is on VOD same day as DVD.

Interestingly enough, the Video On Demand portion of it is for STANDARD only. My VOD service delays the HD version by about 2 weeks most of the time.

Other people may get it same day, but Comcast here bites. :(

Then again, the HD VOD's are $6 a pop, so I'd rather pony up a bit more money and own it. ::shrug::

Sai 01-23-2008 12:33 AM

I was excited the day Warner declared themselves exclusively blu, but it seems incredibly unfair to delay the HD DVD movies. At least distribute them at the same time until you completely switch.

If you want to screw Toshiba, than leave immediately. However, don't make the consumers suffer.

dvdman 01-23-2008 12:45 AM

There is a really nice ad in Video Business advertising "Michael Clayton" on all 3 formats.