High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   High Definition Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown-6/)
-   -   Paramount&warner paid to be neutral: Warner HD DVD exclusive after contract ends? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown/28223-paramount-warner-paid-neutral-warner-hd-dvd-exclusive-after-contract-ends.html)

xboxboi 12-01-2007 09:32 AM

Paramount&warner paid to be neutral: Warner HD DVD exclusive after contract ends?

Here is another theory :)

We all know that Warners and Paramount were HD DVD exclusive until there were ** include speculations here **. Now that the Paramount contract has ended and that they are now again HD DVD exclusive, Warners is set to do the same when their contract to become neutral ends soon. ;)

agree ?

ChayesFSS 12-01-2007 09:37 AM

yes, I agree

hailthechief 12-01-2007 09:37 AM

Could be a possibility
ALthough I just joined, I have been reading these things for a while
Prepare to be firebombed... in 5,4,3,2,1
wonder who comes first?

HiDeFJunKie 12-01-2007 09:38 AM

Expect a stampede of smurfs any moment.

Drago 12-01-2007 09:38 AM

Weren't they both HD DVD exclusive a year and a half ago? I don't know about Paramount, but I wouldn't be surprised at all with WB if that was the case... they delayed a lot of big name titles on the HD DVD side so that blu-ray could see the same thing---> i still like looking at the inserts from last year about matrix and harry potter going to HD DVD around last summer.

this threads gonna get ugly.

DSmalls84 12-01-2007 09:39 AM

well with the number of movies warner puts out that would probably improve disc sales and force many people to be neutral.

HadeZ 12-01-2007 09:41 AM

It's possible though I doubt it. I wish they would be come HD DVD exclusive. But neutral is better than nothing.

IceNine 12-01-2007 09:42 AM

Here's a GREAT idea... we should quit speculating about things like this, as we have absolutely no information on the matter, rendering all comments and theories baseless.

It is tedious coming here to see "Warner is going red!" or "Warner will be BLU by January" every time you open the forum.

Here's the better idea... let's watch movies.

xboxboi 12-01-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drago (Post 485078)
Weren't they both HD DVD exclusive a year and a half ago? I don't know about Paramount, but I wouldn't be surprised at all with WB if that was the case... they delayed a lot of big name titles on the HD DVD side so that blu-ray could see the same thing---> i still like looking at the inserts from last year about matrix and harry potter going to HD DVD around last summer.

this threads gonna get ugly.

:D :D :D but we can get pass that. one thing about HDD is the posters are not dat serious. they know how to laugh at posts and just enjoy themselves. There are no paid representative here where their yearly bonuses depend on the HDM sales :lol: :D :D

HiDeFJunKie 12-01-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xboxboi (Post 485073)
Here is another theory :)

We all know that Warners and Paramount were HD DVD exclusive until there were ** include speculations here **. Now that the Paramount contract has ended and that they are now again HD DVD exclusive, Warners is set to do the same when their contract to become neutral ends soon. ;)

agree ?

I think it's gonna take a lot to get Warner to be exclusive but I also think Toshiba is ready to give them anything. There is just too much money in DVD that Toshiba receives that they would ever let BLU replace DVD.

Remember, even if both formats die, Toshiba still wins with DVD Royalties. Its just like when Sony used SACD to kill off the next generation audio format. Sony still wins because of CD royalties.