High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   High Definition Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown-6/)
-   -   My idea on how to get people to mean what they say and not just BS (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown/4213-my-idea-how-get-people-mean-what-they-say-not-just-bs.html)

bear89103 03-06-2007 01:15 PM

My idea on how to get people to mean what they say and not just BS
 
You know the easiest way to end all this smack talk is to really relegate it to just the hardcore people who will "put their money where their mouth is". I'm not talking about betting money. But I think if we did something like the losing side will have to kiss the ass of the winning side, then it will cut down on a lot of the BS that runs through these threads.

So the question is... Do you believe in your format enough to put your money where your mouth is? Literally. LOL!

If not, then all the people spewing all these stupid posts about how HD DVD is dead or dying, or all those posts about how Blu-Ray will always be inferior or Sony sucks type of posts is just hot air.

Say what you believe. Believe what you say. And stand by what you say.

So who's up for it? We take all the general locations of people in each state and if there are blu-ray fans there, and hd dvd fans there, then it works. If hd dvd wins, then the blu-ray fans will have to kiss their ass. If blu-ray wins, then hd dvd fans have to kiss blu-ray fans' asses.

wingnut 03-06-2007 01:18 PM

#1 I like all the BS and smacktalking, that's what this forum is for. If you want civilized talk there is more than enough in either the HD-DVD software or BR software discussion forums.

#2 Winning is a relative term. A BR supporter might think they have won when in reality they are only in the lead.

#3 By the time there is a clear cut 100% winner this thread will be long gone

ack_bak 03-06-2007 01:18 PM

Are you being serious? Man, this site is going downhill pretty quickly. I have noticed a serious slide in the number of quality posts in the smackdown forum over the last week or so.. This thread title is not helping..

bear89103 03-06-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ack_bak (Post 70470)
Are you being serious? Man, this site is going downhill pretty quickly. I have noticed a serious slide in the number of quality posts in the smackdown forum over the last week or so.. This thread title is not helping..

Agreed, that's why I made this thread.

As for the title, is that better?


[edit] OOPS, it just changed the title on my first post, not the thread title. I guess I don't know how to change the thread title. Sorry guys.

dobyblue 03-06-2007 01:28 PM

I just ordered the following at 50% off from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000062781

Memento
The Fifth Element (to trade for the BD50 one when it's released)
Stealth
Broken Arrow
The Big Hit

I'll probably order a few more Fox titles later today as well.

bear89103 03-06-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobyblue (Post 70482)
I just ordered the following at 50% off from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000062781

Memento
The Fifth Element (to trade for the BD50 one when it's released)
Stealth
Broken Arrow
The Big Hit

I'll probably order a few more Fox titles later today as well.

I'm not sure how your post deals with anything related to this thread.

dobyblue 03-06-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear89103 (Post 70483)
I'm not sure how your post deals with anything related to this thread.

Ah...sorry I have no idea what I meant to say.

The 50% sale will help more people choose Blu-ray if they're on the fence and help the war reach its inevitable conclusion as soon as possible? Thus all smack talk will have to end.

bear89103 03-06-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobyblue (Post 70490)
Ah...sorry I have no idea what I meant to say.

The 50% sale will help more people choose Blu-ray if they're on the fence and help the war reach its inevitable conclusion as soon as possible? Thus all smack talk will have to end.

Ahhhh i see. LOL. Reading your first post made me go.... HUH??????? :))

Darko 03-06-2007 01:37 PM

That just means that Blu-ray is dying...50% off...wow, they must be desperate:D

bear89103 03-06-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darko (Post 70497)
That just means that Blu-ray is dying...50% off...wow, they must be desperate:D

LOL. Well both formats must be desperate. 50% off 47 movies for Blu-Ray. And 100% off of 9 movies for HD DVD


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.