Kmart VP's denial - is the source verifiable? is the claim even true? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
You sound as though you think there are no people posting on this (and other similar) boards who are not being paid by Toshiba, Microsoft, Universal, or other companies on the HD-DVD side of things?
I think most people who post here are just fanboys.

I'm personally still on the fence, and I'm doing my research. But from everything I've read so far, the tactics of the Blu-ray camp simply just repulses me.

(Not that I will jump over to HD DVD just because I think the Blu-ray people are sneaking, disgusting pigs. I'd like to support HD DVD, but I'm not throwing away my money if the format isn't going to last. But if after Christmas I see HD DVD has gained momentum, then I'll jump in.)
Old 11-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Age View Post
Sears Holdings Corporation, Kmart's parent company is the forth largest retailer in the United States behind Wal-Mart, The Home Depot, and Kroger. Between Sears and Kmart they operate 3800 stores. They also own Lands End.

They made $49.124 billion in 2006.

Not exactly a small company.

Doug
I never said K-Mart was a small company, and Sears is entirely different from K-Mart even though it is the parent company. Sears hasn't said anything about it like K-Mart has.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I never said K-Mart was a small company, and Sears is entirely different from K-Mart even though it is the parent company. Sears hasn't said anything about it like K-Mart has.
No you're right and Sears, at least the one near me, does have blu-ray players and HD DVD players.

However Sears and Kmart aren't as far apart as you think. For instance Kmart now has craftsman tools and Kenmore appliances. Also there is some talk that in the next year or two the Kmart name maybe done away with all together.

Doug
Old 11-03-2007, 01:56 AM

psst, Warner is going blu tomorrow. Expect press release tommorow at 12 pm CT.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

LMAO. I guess all HD DVD supporters are doomed.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Round Peg View Post
This is not about K-Mart.

This is about the Blu-ray camp persistently making up stuff and disseminating questionable information to attack the credibility of the other camp -- while remaining anonymous.

That's what Blu-ray camp has been doing, and they keep on spreading malicious spins, while claiming and using all sorts of "anonymous" sources that will never be held responsible.

They are using "anonymous" tactics to spread FUD and negative attack ads.

Haven't you guys already detected the pattern and tactics they are using?

I'm sure some would claim the other camp is using the same tactic too.. but honestly, I haven't see it that much from the HD DVD camp. Not the kind of outright maliciousness that's just disgusting and repulsive.

It's just very, very underhanded and dirty.

BD.com people have a very promising career in neo conservative politics.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
psst, Warner is going blu tomorrow. Expect press release tommorow at 12 pm CT.
Yes, because many corporations make major announcements on Saturdays.