Kmart VP's denial - is the source verifiable? is the claim even true? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I wouldn't put a lot into this.. K-Mart isn't the biggest company in the world haha, and it's not like they said they aren't supporting HD DVD. They are carrying Blu-ray players (The PS3). The HD DVD player is the only standalone they will carry, simple as that.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 PM

How come this site did not give credit to anyone? they just took from some one elses work?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I try to avoid the main page as often as I can.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 PM

An anonymous insider at Warner has said they're abandoning both formats after meeting all content obligations for Q4. I have it from a reliable source!

Thanks for setting the record straight, Round Peg.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 PM

I did a search by the VP's name and came up with 2 stories:

First one is PR newswire...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4696858&EDATE=

Second one is Cnet Crave...

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9810157-1.html

Whether or not these are stemming from the same article I don't know but I think HDDigest has been very reliable over the last year and a half for information.

I also agree with Spartan on this... it may not be an official stance but until we see a BD standalone at Kmart does it matter?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
I did a search by the VP's name and came up with 2 stories:

First one is PR newswire...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4696858&EDATE=

Second one is Cnet Crave...

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9810157-1.html

Whether or not these are stemming from the same article I don't know but I think HDDigest has been very reliable over the last year and a half for information.

I also agree with Spartan on this... it may not be an official stance but until we see a BD standalone at Kmart does it matter?
I agree. Well even CNBC confirmed that Kmart was not stocking BD SA players, only HD SA. Just like the Target situation.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:01 AM

I don't like how all these "anonymous" sources from the Blu-ray camp keep on disseminating FUD and spreading negative attack spins, and keep on stabbing people from the dark while hiding their identities.

Because I've noticed a lot of the information they are spreading - while remaining anonymous and hidden - are very malicious, deceptive, and often can't be proven or disproved. But because they are anonymous, they think they can say whatever they want without being ever held responsible.

Their tactics are just very disgusting, sneaky and underhanded.

I've notice the Blu-ray camp in particular uses that kind of tactic the most.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I wouldn't put a lot into this.. K-Mart isn't the biggest company in the world haha, and it's not like they said they aren't supporting HD DVD.
This is not about K-Mart.

This is about the Blu-ray camp persistently making up stuff and disseminating questionable information to attack the credibility of the other camp -- while remaining anonymous.

That's what Blu-ray camp has been doing, and they keep on spreading malicious spins, while claiming and using all sorts of "anonymous" sources that will never be held responsible.

They are using "anonymous" tactics to spread FUD and negative attack ads.

Haven't you guys already detected the pattern and tactics they are using?

I'm sure some would claim the other camp is using the same tactic too.. but honestly, I haven't see it that much from the HD DVD camp. Not the kind of outright maliciousness that's just disgusting and repulsive.

It's just very, very underhanded and dirty.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:13 AM

You sound as though you think there are no people posting on this (and other similar) boards who are not being paid by Toshiba, Microsoft, Universal, or other companies on the HD-DVD side of things?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I wouldn't put a lot into this.. K-Mart isn't the biggest company in the world haha, and it's not like they said they aren't supporting HD DVD. They are carrying Blu-ray players (The PS3). The HD DVD player is the only standalone they will carry, simple as that.
Sears Holdings Corporation, Kmart's parent company is the forth largest retailer in the United States behind Wal-Mart, The Home Depot, and Kroger. Between Sears and Kmart they operate 3800 stores. They also own Lands End.

They made $49.124 billion in 2006.

Not exactly a small company.

Doug