Hd dvd pride! - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 PM

I ended up donating my HD-DVD player and movies to a local shelter. The only releases I miss are Pan's Labyrinth and Harry Potter box set that came in the suitcase.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:45 AM

I think I have maybe 3 or 4 HD-DVDS left somewhere. The player was the 360 add on which has been in my basement sitting on a shelf going on 6 years now. I should probably just chuck the player and HD's out, but they haven't been released on Blu-Ray yet. (1 is coming soon though next month).
Old 07-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I think I have maybe 3 or 4 HD-DVDS left somewhere. The player was the 360 add on which has been in my basement sitting on a shelf going on 6 years now.
Re: Add-On Players. I know the feeling about them sitting. I still have the Atari Jaguar cd addon somewhere.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
No way dude. Hd dvds=red, red=bad.
Nothing bad about HD-DVD, even if Toshiba lost the format war. My players and titles remain very enjoyable to this day. Of course I have a number of cinavia free blu-ray players and a huge collection of blu-ray titles also. It's all good!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Nothing bad about HD-DVD, even if Toshiba lost the format war. My players and titles remain very enjoyable to this day. Of course I have a number of cinavia free blu-ray players and a huge collection of blu-ray titles also. It's all good!
I agree. I have more BDs than HD DVDs, but I still prefer HD DVD.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:52 PM

I'm finally working on phasing out my HD-DVDs. I still have 90 or so left, so it'll take a while. I got the Xbox HD-DVD drive and I'm ripping them to a hard drive. I wanted to convert them to BD discs, but there's too much work involved with processing the files.

Kind of hate to see them go, but I need the rack space and HDMI input that the old Toshiba XA2 is still taking up.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:02 AM

Consider a Kinivo HDMI switch - they work great and switch automatically based upon which HDMI input becomes active. They make 3 input (301 model) & 5 input (501 model) versions. I got a couple off Ebay very reasonably. Comes with a power supply connector & remote (I use the power supply, but have never needed the remote - remote useful only when more than 1 hdmi input is active and the unit guessed wrong which one to choose).
Old 03-04-2016, 03:13 AM

Actually as I rip these I'm glad to be rid of HD DVDs. Many of them are rotten, 7 out of the 8 Universal HD DVD/DVD combos have been rotten, as have ALL Miramax titles. Early Warner titles are bad, Last Samurai and Lethal Weapon were rotten.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Actually as I rip these I'm glad to be rid of HD DVDs. Many of them are rotten, 7 out of the 8 Universal HD DVD/DVD combos have been rotten, as have ALL Miramax titles. Early Warner titles are bad, Last Samurai and Lethal Weapon were rotten.
That is strange. I have not had one HD DVD that failed to pay on my XA2, and only a few that failed to play on my other HD DVD players.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:54 PM

Might want to check them, from what I'm reading online many people have the same rotten titles. Universal HD DVD/DVD combos being the most common to fail.

However your XA2 might read them, different players handle the rot differently, and our XA2 was the best at not freezing up. Mine might, but thankfully most that have been rotten are cheap on Blu Ray, many are improved. In one case I was able to rip the main feature, as the rot/bad sector was in the extras.