First Independent BD manufacturer in the good ol' USA. :) - Page 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM

Alright i agree with you. Put it this way, I am against all fanboys who only see things there way. Whether it is blu Ray boys saying HD should die or that one VC guy that keeps saying obnoxious things and supporting HD till death does he part. Or the 360 or PS3 boys. Everyone needs an open mind. Even myself.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
Alright i agree with you. Put it this way, I am against all fanboys who only see things there way. Whether it is blu Ray boys saying HD should die or that one VC guy that keeps saying obnoxious things and supporting HD till death does he part. Or the 360 or PS3 boys. Everyone needs an open mind. Even myself.
Well you must be against me... because I don't see HD DVD making it all that much longer, at least, not making it with any real threat to the marketplace.

All of the indicators are that BD is going to win. Toshiba MIGHT, might pull something, but laptop drives and more of the same isn't going to cut it.

I see no tick upwards anywhere in the next 6 months for HD DVD. Here's why:

1. Price factor - IT is their biggest advantage, yet, not enough to outsell the PS3 ratio of .22/1. The PS3 alone is outselling HD DVD enough to continue to build the hardware divide. That's not including stand alones, which by many accounts are pretty close in actual sales.

2. Marketing - Sony is one of the best marketers of CE products ever. They know how to position a product. They know how to advertise that product.

3. Studio support - This is not arguable. BD has more studio support.

4. Quarter 3 and 4 releases. Every major blockbuster with the exception of Bourne is going to be on BD. Exclusive releases for the 2 of the top this year. POTC3 and Spiderman 3. Everything else will be a dual, but given the hardware advantage, they'll sell better on BD than HD DVD.

5. Studios beginning to tailor releases towards BD - Paramount is just starting this.. they know where the numbers are....

6 Retailer support - BD has superior endcaps and retailer support in store. Any major CE retailer will tell you this, from the customers to the sales people, the displays are better...