ESPN 3D, looking for ROI and not looking good... - Page 12 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luclin999 View Post
Pick and choose your data much?

Of the last 200 auctions that have closed for "3D" BD media, 25% of them closed with no sales
All the auctions that didn't sell were due to the opening bids being set too high. Oftentimes a seller sets the opening bid at too high a price, and with plenty of alternative buying options for the consumer, they bid on those cheaper auctions and save a few dollars. The no-sale auction then gets relisted a couple dollars cheaper or the seller even stands his ground, it's up to him, as sometimes they do get lucky.

Quote:
and the only sales of $80+ were for auctions on multiple discs in one sale.
Why do you say BS like this? You do know I have one of those internet doohicky-ma-bobbers, and can check the accuracy of your reports?

3D Blu-ray on eBay, completed listings:
http://completed.shop.ebay.com/DVD-H...6.c0.m14.l1514

Oldest of 200 listings ended November 7th at 17:17.

Add filter for a $80 minimum price and to exclude bundles and combos:
http://completed.shop.ebay.com/DVD-H...udlo=80&_udhi=

I count 20 successful $80+ single-movie listings ending since 17:17 November 7th.

Remind me not to ever pick you as my ebay sales adviser.

If anyone's picking and choosing, it's you! And you're not even being honest, LMAO. Oh luclin. And still catching every opportunity to put quotes around 3D... Keep up the good work soldier.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
And still catching every opportunity to put quotes around 3D... Keep up the good work soldier.

Since "3D" is by no stretch three-dimensional then frankly I don't have a problem pointing that out when discussing it.

And if I missed a few purchases then...ooops.

After all, it's not like I actually care enough about the product to pay too much attention to it, unlike some people who seem so desperate for validation of "3D" that they are searching with a magnifying glass for some signs of life in the format.

The trivial number of people buying the things simply goes more to prove my point more than it does your own.

Last edited by luclin999; 11-11-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Since "3D" is by no stretch three-dimensional then frankly I don't have a problem pointing that out when discussing it.
Really? 3D content has L + W + D.

2D content only has L + W. Any depth derived is strictly an optical illusion based solely on the contrast ratio of the scene. That is not the case for 3D content. Whether you are willing to admit that or not means zero.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Really? 3D content has L + W + D.
No, it does not. It has a gimmick that is used to cause a stereoscopic illusion of parallax.

It is two separate, two dimensional images which attempt to confuse the brain into thinking you are seeing something which is not there.

The correct claim should be "Stereovision" not "3D".
Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
No, it does not. It has a gimmick that is used to cause a stereoscopic illusion of parallax.

It is two separate, two dimensional images which attempt to confuse the brain into thinking you are seeing something which is not there.

Stereoscopy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscopy

Ah - I don't see the word "gimmick" in that link do you? But I do see the words "3D Imaging"
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
3D is no less 3D than 2D is 2D. If you're adding these silly requirements onto 3D that involve lateral headtracking, then 2D should be able to do panning and tilting.

3D provides a fail-safe depth perception despite a lack of traditional 2D depth cues like focus/depth of field. The camera doesn't need to be moving to perceive this depth, and the cinematographer has complete artistic control of the action.

I'd like to see headtracking in a concert or something though.

Quote:
And if I missed a few purchases then...ooops.

After all, it's not like I actually care enough about the product to pay too much attention to it
:/

You sure did seem to care enough to go as far as fabricating numbers. Lord.

Quote:
, unlike some people who seem so desperate for validation of "3D" that they are searching with a magnifying glass for some signs of life in the format.
Oh right, I'm defending your BS sales figures and that makes me searching with a magnifying glass.

Haters gonna hate.

Quote:
The trivial number of people buying the things simply goes more to prove my point more than it does your own.
Pssh!. Assuming you're in the context of ebay sales still (as that's the only way you're qualified to have an opinion on raw figures) shoppers are buying as many auctions as are available.

P.S. Thought you didn't care enough to pay attention to it anyway? When are you gonna GTFO?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:

lol. Our eyes send 2 2D images to our brains, genius.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Your terms is exactly what those who work in '3D' use. They call it stereo not 3d and they talk of tricking the eyes into seeing a fake 3D parallax (i.e. perspective), not a real one.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
lol. Our eyes send 2 2D images to our brains, genius.
LOL! And upside down to boot!