The Departed [Blu-ray] PCM better than The Departed [HD DVD] TrueHD - Page 14 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
There is no decoding involved with PCM.
It's uncompressed.
Most receivers have analog inputs so unless you bought a PS3 or a 360 add-on, you should not have to upgrade anything to get lossless PCM. No decoding involved. I'm sure this has been said countless times before though.
But then I would still need a system which is actually good enough to play the audio. I bet with my current crappy 5.1 set up I couldn't tell the difference between lossless and lossy.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinbox View Post
I agree. I think MS's ultimate goal by promoting HD-DVD is to keep BD from becoming widely adopted rather than HD-DVD winning out. They want to move in the direction of an ITunes method of delivery of HD product over the internet.
I sort-of believe this, but I think the under the table funding is MS paying Universal to stay on HDDVD's side. As long as this continues, there'll be a lot of unhappy BR users.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
But then I would still need a system which is actually good enough to play the audio. I bet with my current crappy 5.1 set up I couldn't tell the difference between lossless and lossy.
I'll bet you could, but we'll likely never know.

I was able to tell the difference when I had a crappy little JBL 5.1 system. ($250)
Old 02-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
He probably didn't read the part where that was already discussed and I said that this thread was just mucking about or words to that effect.
you probably didn't read the post i made right after his.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
You still didn't get what I said. If one were MISSING a lossless track then you would see at least a half star of difference. As both of these have lossless audio on them I wouldn't expect to see any difference in the ratings.
Do you get what I'm saying here?

If one was missing the lossless, if.

As for J6P I fully believe the war will be over by the time J6P is buying standalone players.
Ok whatever lets move on

In all in all Lossless is Lossless bla bla bla...
There's nothing to see here folks keep moving
Old 02-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
Ok I misunderstood lets move on
No problem!