Blu-ray in June - Big news soon? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
I e-mailed them the June 5th titles from Sony sometime ago, but it's not been added to the releases yet.

Expect Spiderman and Spiderman 2 in either Q3 or tied in with a Q4 Spidey 3 day and date.
Jeaz! Spidey is killing me. Please hold out until 2009. Or until I can get a combo for under $400.

At least I am being honest!

Please!
Old 03-23-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
No they're not waiting on it. Most of the players have most of the BD-J support outside of a 2nd video decoder. There are many other things outside of PIP that BD-J is capable of and Cars and Pirates will no doubt be showing off these things.

such as? I actually don't know what it is capable of. Can it do anything HDi cant? Or is it different? not sarcasm.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
No they're not waiting on it. Most of the players have most of the BD-J support outside of a 2nd video decoder. There are many other things outside of PIP that BD-J is capable of and Cars and Pirates will no doubt be showing off these things.
PIP is one of the BEST extras currently available for the hi-def formats....

For any Bluray player to be released WITHOUT a 2nd decoder is just shear greed on the hardware front.... regardless of the specs being complete, this has ALWAYS been apart of the spec......

So, be sure that anyone (including myself) that currently owns a blu player outside of a PS3 will get a serious short stick up the happy port when the best of what PIRATES and CARS has to offer will be DOA on the 1st gen player....

Lego
Old 03-23-2007, 01:26 AM

Seems it is ready to go as most BD-J discs play fairly well on the PS3...

I am still having issues with THE DESCENT on my BDP-S1....

You can watch the flick, but if you do anything (like trying to access the PIP on the fly) you get screwed with a locked up player....

Now... this may not be the same for all BDP-S1... but it certainly is on mine....

Lego
Old 03-23-2007, 01:30 AM

didn't the PS3 have the same problem? or other problems?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozziwig View Post
So, here's the complete schedule for Blu-ray movies in June:

June 05, 2007
Cars (Buena Vista) *
Coming to America (Paramount) **
Con Air (Buena Vista) *
Crimson Tide (Buena Vista) *
The Rock (Buena Vista) *
Trading Places (Paramount)**

That's it - OK, it's a very good start! Four of the above titles (*) made over $100 million (Cars made $244 million) and the other two (**) made over $90 million at the US box office.

HD DVD have pretty much packed out the month so far. Their biggest title for the month looks like Bruce Almighty (which made over $240 million at the US box office, so it's a genuine blockbuster).

The question is: What surprises do the Blu-ray camp have in store following the blockbuster week one? Are they going for 3 weeks of zero releases or is there something even bigger waiting in the wings?
I'll take the 4 Cs.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:56 AM

When is Ghostbusters going to be released on Blu-ray? I would go and by a PS3 today if it was out now, just so I could watch it in HD. Until that movie is release I'll stick with HD DVD.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Straight from Bill Hunt, posted on 3/22 in The Digital Bits Rumor Mill:

"Our industry sources have checked in with word on Sony's expected Blu-ray Disc slate for June. Here's what the studio apparently has planned: Hellboy, Meatballs, Rescue Me: The Complete First Season, A Few Good Men, Cruel Intentions, Seven Years in Tibet and Jerry Maguire. Watch for official announcements soon."
Well if Bill Hunt said it, then it's gospel. And watch for Universal to go neutral like he said they're looking into it on the day the "The Matrix Trilogy" gets announced on HD DVD exclusive for now.

Is it still www.thedigitalbits.com or www.theblueraydigitalbits.com?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:20 AM

Dont forget about Ghost Rider,Hellboy,Meatballs,Jerry Maguire and Bridge to Terabithia which I heard was real good...ALL EXCLUSIVE TO BluRay!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:08 AM

I'll buy Jerry Maguire & A Few Good Men if they are good transfers & have good audio. I have to buy "A Few Good Men" after all I'm a marine.

The same reason I bought "Jarhead" on HD DVD.