Best Buy Playing Nasty - Page 7 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown-D View Post
What store/company isn't in it for the money? Just because Toshiba had to practically give hardware away isn't the BLU ce companies fault. That they still sell and at a higher profit margin is good for them. Tosh having to sell at a loss to move thousands of unsold models from last year was not a good sigh.

And why does everyone say blu is more expensive? I just paid 27.95 for the bourne ultimatum from amazon and POTC #3 was only 22.95. That's $5 dollars cheaper o n brand new day and date releases. Why is blu considered more expensive again?
Because its a combo disk. You're paying for the benefit of having a DVD9 version of the movie on the other side that you can lend to friends or use in your MiniVan.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDeFJunKie View Post
Because its a combo disk. You're paying for the benefit of having a DVD9 version of the movie on the other side that you can lend to friends or use in your MiniVan.

It's a feature many don't want, but have to pay for. You can argue that you and others see value in it, but it'd be wrong to pretend like it's something many consumers don't want to pay for.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowhite View Post
It's a feature many don't want, but have to pay for. You can argue that you and others see value in it, but it'd be wrong to pretend like it's something many consumers don't want to pay for.
I don't like the combo that much either but why are Fox titles $27.95? I was going to purchase some Fox titles until I saw the price of most of these old catalog titles. With all the BOGOS I am now conditioned to accept $10 at most for a catalog title. At least with UNI I know its because of the combo factor.

And some people must like combos or Universal wouldn't bother producing them. Its not like they have no feedback from their customers.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 AM

BB/CC/Target as well as Wally World here all have a greater BD section for movies as well as easier to notice BD demo set ups.
Wally Worlds have no set up at all but do still have RCA and Toshiba first gen players collecting dust from well over a year ago.

It doesn't matter why BD has the most exposure at retail, all that matters is that this is what potential customers see while hd dvd gets the shaft.