Best Buy Playing Nasty - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Your Thread is pointless
Go complain to the manager
Old 12-15-2007, 03:23 PM

At the BB I worked at similar situations were common, though often it was the other way around. Our BD demo display would be nonfuntional, due to the low quality discs samsung provided for demo content. We had only 5 sections of shelf space for HDM. We either had to choose, use 2 for HDDVD and 3 for BD or 3 for HDDVD and 2 for BD. Either way whichever format had 2 sections, more titles would be "spined". We ended up giving BD 3 sections, because most BB carry more BD title variety (we now have 3 sections for HDDVD and 4 for BD and most every title gets "faced".

Anyways, you should be alot more worried about biased employees pushing the format they want to win, but what can you do? You could just go home and watch a movie instead of concerning yourself with business that's not yours.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

It's The End Of The World!!!

or maybe its just your local Best Buy and its careless/lazy employees

_
Old 12-15-2007, 03:25 PM

Gutter21i tried that
do you think the staff at BB or CC are actually paid to care....
Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkalinesi View Post
i agree, i was at best buy lastweek talking to an employee(looking into home theater equipment) he was saying they have been selling a lot of blu ray stand alone players and movies, he said him and the other guys feel blu ray is better and they push that. he said the only time someone buys an hd player is if they come in and say i want the hd player. but this is just my best buy. also, everytime i go there they have their hd display always on the transformers internet menu or somthing, nothing is playing.
At my BB most of the employees, and all of the Magnolia employees, prefer and push HDDVD. I guess it must be different at each store, which is why it's stupid to complain about it. If you want to change what's happenning go get hired at best buy and push your fav format.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie42 View Post
BB & CC do not work on comission.
BB and CC sales employees may not work on commission, but the more sales goals the store hits, the more bonuses the managers get. There is also one possible bonus for sales employees at the end of each year. Point being, managers have an incentive to sell what's best for them, and stupid/kiss-ass/overzealous employees will do exactly what the managers say.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates View Post
Would you really go out of you way to do that?

I'm sorry but reporting to Toshiba really isn't going to do anything but prove that you're a crybaby. No offense. lol.
wouldn't the cry from camp Blu be 2-3 louder than the cries from the HD camp? I mean camp Blu is always boasting that systems outnumber HD 3-1 and discs outsell HD 2-1. Therefore the crying and temper tantrums from camp Blu would be 2-3 times louder than HD. The figures just go along with everything BD has going.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
wouldn't the cry from camp Blu be 2-3 louder than the cries from the HD camp? I mean camp Blu is always boasting that systems outnumber HD 3-1 and discs outsell HD 2-1. Therefore the crying and temper tantrums from camp Blu would be 2-3 times louder than HD. The figures just go along with everything BD has going.
A craybaby is a crybaby, doesn't matter if his shirt is blu or red or purple.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz-Mataz View Post
A craybaby is a crybaby, doesn't matter if his shirt is blu or red or purple.
No doubt. Still camp Blu's cries would be 2-3 times louder.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:35 PM

I've seen employees push Blu-ray at Circuit City. The people listen to the pitch and seem impressed while watching Chicken Little, then thank the employee and walk away. Too expensive.